Bleeding 405 Rear Calipers

If you changed just the rear calipers bolt them on the car and manualy bleed them. I use water bottle and vacuum hose. One end off the hose goes to the bleeder and one to water bottle to collect fluid. Pump the pedal five times HOLD the pedal down then open the bleeder. I do that about twenty times on the rear calipers.

I forgot they're new calipers - sometimes you need to get fluid into the calipers before they'll start pumping fluid themselves. Sometimes all that is needed is to open the bleed screw, and open the reservoir and gravity will sometimes do it in a few minutes.

Rabin

Thanks, Guys, this rear caliper thing has a particular set of steps Peugeot mandates. Roger has argued with me about it and complained he just can't get them right ("Don't tell me how to do this, I've been doing it for xx years!") , until he followed the directions and said, "Now I see." And I said don't bother asking me to pay you for those two hours.

He has a pressure bleeder he bought for Mercedes ABS and he said it worked perfectly, but the pedal will pump up hard and high with one pump. Oh, maybe the handbrake take-up mechanism is not right, but I've gone though this before, and taken the calipers off, rotated them, and watched a glob of air travel out of the bleeder.

I'll search the Internet and get the procedure and post it here unless someone beats me to it.