spark plug choices for the N9Txx

Guest the505inme

Guest the505inme

Peugeot lists Bosch WR 7 DS for the N9Txx engines. Iv'e been using Bosch Platinums for the past 5 years

since most local part supply stores no longer carry silver core Bosch plugs.

Iv'e always wanted to try the NGK iridium plugs, or even the Bosch Platinum +4; does anyone know if either make these to fit the N9T?

What are some other plugs people have used?

Peugeot lists Bosch WR 7 DS for the N9Txx engines. Iv'e been using Bosch Platinums for the past 5 years

since most local part supply stores no longer carry silver core Bosch plugs.

Iv'e always wanted to try the NGK iridium plugs, or even the Bosch Platinum +4; does anyone know if either make these to fit the N9T?

What are some other plugs people have used?

i'd highly suggest canning the platinum plugs. platinum plugs in turbo cars is kind of a no-no. some platnium plugs even say 'don't use in forced induction engines'. they can cause misfires umongst other things. i always run the normal bosch WR7** plugs.

for high boost applications though, run bosch WR5** plugs ;)

Guest the505inme

i'd highly suggest canning the platinum plugs. platinum plugs in turbo cars is kind of a no-no. some platnium plugs even say 'don't use in forced induction engines'. they can cause misfires umongst other things. i always run the normal bosch WR7** plugs.

for high boost applications though, run bosch WR5** plugs ;)

Wow, I've not heard that before. I've never had a problem with the platinum plugs, but i don't want to take any chances with my high mile engine (255 km) . When I change the wires later this month, I'll change back to the normal bosch plugs.

No plans to run higher tham normal boost with this car, and risk it puking out it's rings and bearings!

Just teasing you , thats correct -> dani head plugs are C8E:s ;) Originel Bosch works okay also tuned engine very well. Of cause you have more extreme conditions with hot weather. Then you could use one point colder plugs that should help.

V-M

An old timer French car mechanic once said that he prefers Champion copper plugs for the engine. They have worked fine for me. I've also used Bosch WR7DC (copper) and WR7DS (silver). The coppers get changed more frequently, but are cheaper. I change the silvers at 30.

Bill