It's been a while......

How goes it fellow Peugeot Fans,

I Joined this amazing 505turbo forum when I got my hands on my first car the 1989 Peugeot 505 5 speed Turbo, some 10 years back. When I was young I would post about how to crank up boost and so I did with the help of a simple turbosmart boost controller, not knowing what the consequences would be but soon realized a month or so after that the overboost was doing nothing but leaning the motor out at 1 bar of boost. All the older forum members most likely looked at me as a young idiot that watched too much fast and furious, well they were right! When i bought the car, fast and furious had just come out!! and so the original paint was a nice european RED but since the car had a some rust I decided if I was going to keep the car (and my father being a peugeot fan since his first car back in East Africa) we decided it needed a full windows out resto.....and so we did, unfortunately being influenced by fast and furious I painted the car NSX yellow which consisted of something like 3 stages of yellow, a gold metallic flake and a gold pearl and let me tell you 10 years later the paint looks as though I've buffed it for the past 10 years every summer, although a buffer hasnt touched it since the paint job!! So I'd like to start off by apologizing to us Peugeot Fans for changing the beautiful RED to this vibrant yellow (although the yellow still grows on me every time i look at it, lol) I still want to return it back to the original color somewhere down the line.

So YES to all the members still out there from 10 years back Im still a Peugeot Fan and will always be and YES this Rare (1 of 12) Is still kicking!!! I honestly think it was the first one to be sent here having a production date of something like 10/88 with the euro bumpers and 5 speed N9TEA.

With that said I'd like to provide my knowledge from my past experiences in Aviation and my soon to be Mechanical Engineering Degree, to help us keep these beasts alive!!!

When I heard Peugeot came back to Pikes Peak all I could do was pray that they would dominate Pikes Peak like they did back in the late 80's (my favorite video of all time CLIMB DANCE) and that they did, oh how I wish I was there with Bean unfortunately I could not get the time off of school and work.

Imagine BEAN, 2 89 turbos cruisin along side each other all the way to Pikes Peak, that alone would have been a dream come true lol!!

So just wanted to say I'm back (although i never really left, I was just tied up with life but have been sneeking in and around the site every so often)

And I would love nothing more to bring this Pug back to life (although she cranks over the first time every summer) I feel the need for an engine and possibly trans overhaul (noisy timing chain guides) although I have yet to experience the common cracked cyl head, id like to tear it apart and check for deficiencies in the head and inspect and overhaul the complete motor.

Ill try and post some pictures of any recent mods, although all ive done is put a front spoiler to change the look of the front end a little (temporary dont worry lol)

post-78-0-44591500-1374732003_thumb.jpgpost-78-0-31224700-1374732042_thumb.jpgpost-78-0-36088600-1374732080_thumb.jpgpost-78-0-13800100-1374732103_thumb.jpg

Wow - what a blast from the past. I remember this, I must have been 14 or 15 years old at the time.

Do you have a Facebook? I suggest joining the "Peugeot of North America" group, formerly called the "Peugeot 505 of north america" group, but we changed it do be more inclusive to all Peugeot owners in the usa, canada, etc..

The community is definitely making a come back.

Glad to see you still have this car, your red 505 turbo with the BMW (?) rear bumper was my wallpaper when I was in grade school.

I too, took a few year hiatus from Peugeots, bought a BMW e30, and went to college (still got 2 years left).... But now, I'm making major progress on the car after so many years.

Best,

Sina

I didn't want to be the first to respond, and it couldn't be more fitting than for Sina to be first...

2 - 89's anywhere would be bad ass, but at PPIHC it'd have bean that much better!!! Hell - the French blogger Victor would likely seen that crazy bright yellow the night we went past the Peugeot pits before the race - but sadly my black one was not seen. (He said so in his reply to my comment on his you tube vid)

Really cool to see how even in the younger owners - the Peugeot bug lives strong. I sent a PM just to see if he was still around and to hopefully verify the 89 where abouts were still known... Made my week that not only did he still have it, but it was cherished and it has cool future plans...

The 89 meet didn't happen at PPIHC, but it will eventually happen I think... :)

Rabin

Welcome to the forum partsnut!

Member 'tommy kinder' had a recent line on 2 TD wagons in Cali, so PM him and see if they're still available...

When I found an 86 TD wagon I had to buy it... Didn't need it, and can't spend the time it needs now, but collecting all the parts it needs and it will get restored...

Rabin