405 Mi16 replacement part equivalents

casm

This weekend, I bought another 405 Mi16 - this time, a 1991. The last one I had (a 1989 model) was purchased in 2001 and sold in 2006, and the notes I kept from then are long since gone. While a lot of parts can be found through the usual US suppliers (Rockauto, etc.) with some patience, I'm having difficulty with tracking down the following:

- Strut mounts

- Struts and coils

- Heater valve

- Steering boots

My guess is that the heater valve and steering boots are probably generic to US- (or other) model 405s, but that the suspension bits are definitely Mi16-specific. If anyone can help with tracking down proper equivalent bits for them, I'd appreciate the help. I'm OK with using pattern parts rather than OEM Peugeot bits, but want to keep within OEM spec - and particularly where the suspension is concerned. Having owned both 8-valve cars and Mi16s, I really love how the Mi16s ride and handle, and would prefer to not use 8-valve (or softer) springs and struts.

Any help on this is gratefully welcomed - haven't bought a Peugeot in 12 years, and am really looking forward to getting this one back to where it should be.

Since I'm a 505 owner I don't have any real leads on those specific parts but, the usual suppliers include:

Madhu Chohan - [email protected] - 281-531-5752

Brian Holm - [email protected]

Rob Courter - [email protected]

Miles - Western Hemispheres - [email protected]

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/ - 866-762-5288

you can also find a few of these items on ebay. if you are willing to cast your net a little further, you can find lots of stuff on ebay UK and ebay France; the 405 was a very popular car across the pond, and it also shares parts with several other models so parts are easy to find over there. many of the listings say "no shipping to the US" but that seems to be a default setting and a polite request for a shipping quote never hurts...

andré