Need a 2nd opinion...

Or maybe two or three :P

So with some of the spare time I have my hands now and again, I find myself looking at photos of my car.

Something that caught my eye recently was the rear end's lines. In many photos, it looks almost as if the right tail light is sorta crooked.

Also, I'm aware that my center trim piece is kinked-up on the passenger side - but I believe that's the piece itself being warped.

How as I initially thought that this may have been an error in the shop that did the rear-end repair last summer, I flipped through some photos of my car, from way before the accident actually even occured.

What do you guys think? Below are some photos of the car, from before the accident (note the panels are all the same color :D ), and after the accident. Hope you guys aren't bothered by my O.C.D :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Sina

2583444306_3d9dcbed08_o.jpg

4111039508_a156def9d2_o.jpg

7990752715_f2dfd8f751_b.jpg

4299911492_7244e020e4_o.jpg

8720312879_379ed51459_b.jpg

8720312703_248545988e_b.jpg

8721436750_aa7b91d76a_b.jpg

i see a couple of things going on...here's a blown-up pic to show what i'm talking about:

sinataillights_zpsa3d3cbaa.jpg

first, it seems that the gap between your taillight and your license plate mount panel is bigger on the passenger (right) side than it is on the driver's (left) side...this is the area that i've circled in yellow. this could be your license plate mount panel, though, instead of being your taillight.

second, it seems that the gap between your taillight and the rear trim strip is bigger on the passenger (right) side than it is on the driver's (left) side...this is the area that i've circled in red. again, this might not be your taillight, it might be the strip.

when one looks at the other pics (besides the one i've blown up) and compares the alignment of the right taillight with the trunk lid and the right rear fender, it looks straight. that's why i'm suggesting that the adjacent pieces, not the taillights, might be the damaged/misaligned ones...

fwiw, the "after" pics look better than the before pics...

andré