French & Italian Car Show, Los Angeles - 2012

andrethx

yesterday was the french & italian car show at woodley park in van nuys, california. the show took place from 9am to 4 pm, i was there until about 1 pm. i took lots of pictures that i'll post (below), the show was a lot better attended than last year's muddy event.

i had hoped to have my car ready in time to show this year, but we've had an illness in the family that prevented that. :( so now i'm shooting for next year's show.

some of the cars i saw were there last year, but there were lots of "new" cars as well. please note, as this is a car show and these cars were put on display by their owners, i have not obscured the license plates.

andré

IMG_0174.jpg

peugeot

a few more peugeots this year, hopefully we can keep that upward trend going in the years to come! at lunchtime, the peugeot guys had a small buffet spread over the rear compartment of the 505 wagon. "that's how it was meant to be used," i was told. :)

IMG_0042.jpg

vic van tress (SSB on this forum) brought deuce, his daily driver red 505 turbo. there was some talk recently about the underhood ducting for the turbo intercooler on these models, so i got a shot of that for anyone who's interested. note the peugeot bicycle on the roof rack!

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

marc m's black 403 berline.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

forum regulars have all seen marc's 205 gti, so i just took a few detail shots. currently, his front windshield is plexiglass! you can't tell from the photos, but you can tell if you touch it. our friend wilfrid from france has a NOS windshield for marc that he will be sending soon.

IMG_0013.jpg

nice speedlines:

IMG_0012.jpg

french headlights:

IMG_0014.jpg

citroën

just like last year, the double-chevron marque was the best-represented french nameplate.

traction avants:

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

same DS-based truck from last year, with a detail shot of the bed:

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

lots of citroëns -- 2cvs, DS berlines and wagons...

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

les chiens definitely prefer the comfort of a hydropneumatic suspension...

IMG_0184.jpg

dyane 6

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

SMs, including the land-speed record car

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

cx25

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

alfa romeo

giulia sprint

IMG_0092.jpg

blacked-out milano/75

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

veloce track car

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

168 (there was a sign on the windshield about how this was not a 164, but instead a rare 168 model)

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

alfetta

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

lots & lots of alfas

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

no v8 montreals on display...but in the vendor area someone was selling a disassembled montreal engine

IMG_0146.jpg

Awesome coverage André.

Seeing some of those cars is surreal: Panteras are cool as hell...and seeing all of those clean vintage Cit's makes me wanna drop everything in life and move to the French countryside and pursue a career in wine-making.

Vic's car looks really cool with the rack, sorta reminds me of my own car back in high school...except a hell of a lot nicer :D

That Grey Sw8 looks really nice as well. For some reason, I think the 505 Break/Wagons look the best with the '89+ US Spec Aerokit.

Just so classy, yet sporty, and of course versatile.

On a side note - wish I could have made the show myself. I was in Newport between 4-11am, and had to be back in SD around noon.