1984 505 STi xn6 automatic - NYC area - $500 - PRICE LOWERED!

ohms

just linking to my old post here. but yeah, please, this week, gotta sell her or i will donate her to ASPCA. really wanted a pug-head or any gearhead really to pick her up and enjoy her though.

Well I don't really want a Gas powered car or an automatic but now you're getting to the point you brought up before about buying the headlights and getting a car to go with them. And a couple of hours ago my car got in a flash flood. It didn't get over the doors but it won't start. I'll have to see if it dries out over night, or if I sucked water in the intake and really broke something. I live by salt water which would have been really bad but this was inland a ways so at least it was fresh water.

wellll i think its sold. a yahoo list member says he'll come over on sat morning with a rollback and take her away. hes got 3 other peugeots

Goddamnit why do I have to live so far away -_-

I'll try to find you some buyers, sir. I'm interested in the car, but it is so early in my life to even take a car :/

I'll really see what I can do, but hang on to your Pug please, we can't let one of ours die.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I READ YOUR POST SORRY

Goddamnit why do I have to live so far away -_-

I know that one's gone but that's not really all that far away, certainly compared to bringing your Grandfather's back from Argentina. I'm a little south of where that car was and when I drive up to ski in Quebec every year it takes me about 8 hours. I would think Ottawa would be a similar drive. These cars are few and far between so if the only one around you is owned by a "cranky" old lady who doesn't want to sell, you'll have to look a little further away. The further south you go the better the chances of getting minimal rust.

Thanks sir! Don't you think maybe the lady would like to know there are people who would love to know more about her and her car? I'd wait until she died just for the damn car.. was the STI the Turbo or the V6?

Thanks sir! Don't you think maybe the lady would like to know there are people who would love to know more about her and her car? I'd wait until she died just for the damn car.. was the STI the Turbo or the V6?

Yes I would think she would like to know that someone loves her car and would like to give it a good home if she is willing to part with it someday. I wouldn't mention the waiting for her to die part though. :mellow: I think the STI is turbo, but I'm more a diesel person.

This forum has made me a 505-addict. :P

Sorry about that "waiting to die" part, it was unnecessary and childish. I just checked my Daniel Heraud "Road Report 1988" book and it says the STI was a 2.2 liter inline 4 with 120 hp (as per 1988) and it was naturally aspirated not turbo'ed.

I've never gotten used to diesels, but, the german companies are starting to make so many diesel models replacing their gasoline counterparts and I feel it is wrong, isn't a diesel something that belongs in a truck? Who doesn't want to hear a 7k rpm scream? Where's all the high rpm fun? I never got the hang of it.

I've never gotten used to diesels, but, the german companies are starting to make so many diesel models replacing their gasoline counterparts and I feel it is wrong, isn't a diesel something that belongs in a truck? Who doesn't want to hear a 7k rpm scream? Where's all the high rpm fun? I never got the hang of it.

If you want to beat the other guy away from the light, a diesel certainly isn't for you but if you want fuel efficient reliability it's hard to beat a diesel. In 27 years my 505 TD has only needed a tow once before last week when I got in the flood waters.

Diesels are a whole other power addiction... They have so much pulling power and low down torque it's just a different kind of performance - just not as comparable to typical gas power. That said - nothing can touch the diesels in LeMans / ALMS racing. Peugeot was Audi's only competition and without them they're unequaled.

Years ago I almost bought a MINTY 1992 TD Jetta that had been swapped with a 1.9L TDI out of a newer Audi, and it had a 6 speed manual transmission and was significantly modified. I still remember being in third gear and having the boost come on and roasting the front tires at speed. It was AMAZING. No 7K redline - but it was still astoundingly fast. $12K was just too much however as the car looked gorgeous - but had the NVH levels of a farm tractor so I couldn't sell my wife on it.

Rabin

welp, shes gone =/

Dude from the yahoo list bought her, hes got a couple "2nd gen" 505s, said my early model would be a nice addition to his fleet.

Also, the STi, at least for the early 505s like mine, had the XN6 2.0 4cyl - pretty rock solid engine - better than the 2.2 =)

but low on hp haha.

anyways, i'll still be around on the forums, so don't consider this a "goodbye" post!

Thanks for the info guys! And, Omar, I bet you must have quite a lot of experience with 505s since you've owned one for so long , so you shouldn't even think of leaving these forums :P