Peugeot 605 v6 3.0 12v zpj prv engine

warlockuy

Hi

thanks for accepting me in the forum.

sorry for my english

i am from Uruguay, my home language is Spanish

come to the forum looking for help upgradear my engine.

not much data on the Internet.

but you I think are right for my project.

my car is a peugeot 605 3.0 v6 12v zpj prv

My point is, go to turbo.

but I have no data.

how many hp gearbox support

and the standard engine.

that there are recommendations, reinforce changes

send to do as.

needs to be done.

could you help me?

I leave a picture of the car

very thanks

Rafael

img01472201206291728.jpg

Hi Rafael,

Adding a turbo will be very costly for the amount of boost you would be able to run on a stock motor. An easier way - but still very expensive - would be to fit a small Rotrex supercharger to the engine. 4-5 psi boost and it should give a nice increase in power, and the Rotrex is very linear so it should be easier on the motor and the transmission.

How much is your budget? A project like this will take lots of money, and you will need to have quite a bit of fabrication skills and tools to make it happen.

Closest Rotrex distributor to you that I found was here: http://www.herreramotorsports.com.br/

Rabin

thanks for the reply.

the plan is long term.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject, I have a trainer friend

we are planning the cost is about 3000, 4000 dollars.

I am far from what you think is necessary?

the Rotrex, do you think is better?

how many hp would expect to achieve? now has 170 car.

thanks

If your goals are modest with just low boost, you can likely do it for that budget if you are able to do all the work yourselves. With 5-7 psi you can likely get away with small fuel mods and just the install and be pushing 220HP maybe?

Going for higher boost becomes much more expensive since the stock engine will need to be rebuilt to handle the boost reliably. Fuel system upgrades and likely a stand alone ECU as well. If you decide on turbo - then there's even more fabrication to be done.

The Rotrex would be the easiest way to boost your engine since it just needs to be installed - no changes to your exhaust are needed, but they would help power. I would call that place in San Paulo to see what they think it would cost to supply the components.

Rabin

Eaton would need a custom intake to be fabricated. A centrifugal supercharger like the Rotrex would be much easier to install.

Smaller the better if you decide to go with the Eaton as with a stock motor you really shouldn't exceed 5 - 7 psi and still hope to have some reliability.

Rabin

My phase 1 605 V6 3.0 12v zpj gives me enough power not to be bothered to imagine what it would be like with more power. Though the 170 hp is not that huge, compared to the zpj4 and the newer cars these days.

What about the zpj4 (24v) that develops 200 hp? Wont it be cheaper for you to buy one in good condition (i.e. if you can still find one ) than to go into the zpj turbo installation? Anyway, i believe you have your reasons.

Ikenna

Boost levels will determine the power levels, how it's achieved will be determined by the forced induction method. Eaton's (positive displacement) will build power very quickly and more abruptly compared to Rotrex which is more linear and kinder to your drivetrain.

All depends on your budget and power goals.

Rabin

My phase 1 605 V6 3.0 12v zpj gives me enough power not to be bothered to imagine what it would be like with more power. Though the 170 hp is not that huge, compared to the zpj4 and the newer cars these days.

What about the zpj4 (24v) that develops 200 hp? Wont it be cheaper for you to buy one in good condition (i.e. if you can still find one ) than to go into the zpj turbo installation? Anyway, i believe you have your reasons.

Ikenna

hello thank you very much for responding.

in my country there are 12 units 24v and none of them is zpj4

the 12v is 100 units, there are many less in a junkyard.

and spoken German France vendors to see if I send an engine, as there are from 200 300 euros, but none I wanted to make the delivery.

view of strengthening it so I decided to improve a little.

the car and walk strong, but a little would not be bad.

Boost levels will determine the power levels, how it's achieved will be determined by the forced induction method. Eaton's (positive displacement) will build power very quickly and more abruptly compared to Rotrex which is more linear and kinder to your drivetrain.

All depends on your budget and power goals.

Rabin

Rabin

very thanks

thanks

The Rotrex is costing me get a price for my country.

eaton are many on ebay. at low prices and in very good condition.

diicho me an biturbo to look for information, but compared to complex medium or eaton Rotrex.

talves'm wrong, but it seems simpler installation and maintenance of a supercharger

thank you very much

Rafael