Brake rotor compatibility

Does anyone know with absolute certainty whether or not the vented rotors from say, a 1985 505 Turbo, will clear the calipers on a car with solid rotors such as 1985 505 STI? I suppose another way of asking this is: Do the 1985 505s all share the same front calipers? This would of course imply the ATE version (as the Bendix version wasn't around in 1985).

For certain: You can swap the turbo hubs, rotors, and the caliper assembly to the spindle and it's all plug'n play. (I'm doing this on my wagon)

Not possible: If you just want to put the vented disk on the existing hub and use the existing caliper it won't work. The actual brake piston assembly is the same - but the caliper bracket is different to allow the greater thickness of the disk.

Not sure: The wheel stud flange is thicker on the turbo cars, which will space the wheel out a little further. Now I've never tried to fit a vented disk to a non-vented hub with the thinner wheel stud flange - so it *might* work - but I'm not sure. The newer ABS flat spoke alloys have more clearance - so it might work with those wheels - but I'm just guessing.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Rabin