WTB 505 wagon...

Guest RS22b

Hey all,

I am looking to get back into a 505 wagon, but not as a DD, as a drift car...

SO really any condition, the cheaper the better....

The car could be stripped. I really only need a rolling shell. Preferably with not much rust, although that would take down some weight ;)

My plans are to swap in a SR20DET, cage it and go drift it. I use to have tons of fun in my slightly modded 505 wagons and sedans back in the day in the rain or snow, but it simply did not have enough power to really carry me through corners so the the SR should do that for me.

Anyone?

Im located in NJ, so closer is better as well.

Thanks,

_billy

yea i know, but right now i have a line on a great SR swap package and im only going to be using it for local events as of right now. Englishtown, NJMP, VIR..

I would love to go V8, but only have enough cash for the SR swap and possibly the car.

I have a few of the Drift Alliance guys hanging at my shop these days so I got the itch for a drift toy again.

fellow nj'er here - i know of some sedans just sitting, but no wagons come to mind. Ramsey Peugeot has MAYBE 2 wagons sitting, but i think both are spoken for.

if someone could do an sr swap and keep p/s and AC, that would be sweet for a daily driver.

yea i know, but right now i have a line on a great SR swap package and im only going to be using it for local events as of right now. Englishtown, NJMP, VIR..

I would love to go V8, but only have enough cash for the SR swap and possibly the car.

I have a few of the Drift Alliance guys hanging at my shop these days so I got the itch for a drift toy again.

Problem is the weight of the wagon and it's crazy long wheelbase. The SR20DET can make a lot of power, but with a heavy wagon it'll need to be in a very narrow powerband / boost range all the time, and you'll have to clutch kick the shit out of it to keep it on the boil.

SR20DET's in lighter cars have a hard time keeping spooled let alone a huge ass 505 wagon.

You don't need an LS* swap - a ghetto 5.0 Mustang powertrain would be cheap and easy to swap in. Chevy I'd look at a 350 Camaro with a T5 as an alternative.

Swap itself is a heck of a lot of work, the cost of the powertrain itself is insignificant to the amount of work to get it in and dialed in. I would actually argue it's WAY more work to get an SR20DET in and tuned rather than swapping in a V8 set up. Just because you have access to a cheap engine / car doesn't mean it's a good idea... :)

Remember - the whole driveling has to go since that tiny u-joint design from the late 60's can't even cope with stock 505 Turbo power. Figuring out how to connect to the diff - I'd just swap it all out and do a custom driveshaft.

Rabin