30 years 505 meeting 2009

brownie

Have you ever seen this on the US roads? It was 505's all over the place when we got close to our destination at "l'Adventure Peugeot" in Sochaux. Even in Europe that never happens. ;)

Picture023.jpg

We visited the Peugeot factory, unfortunately we weren't allowed to take pictures there. :(

Later that day we went to the Dangel factory, where nowadays Peugeot and Fiat vans and equiped with 4X4 transmission. They did 504's and 505's long ago. The French 505-club gave an in memoriam plaquette to the daughters of the recently departed Henri Dangel who has founded the factory. Now it is run by the two women.

Picture034.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Prototype Peugeot Expert Pick-up 4X4:

Picture037.jpg

After 20 years, this Dangel had still no problems with the Dangel test circuit.

Picture058.jpg

Picture059.jpg

In a small corner of the terrain I saw some reminders of earlier activities of Dangel:

Picture046.jpg

The day after we went to the car museum "Schlumpf". They have a huge amount of pre war-vehicles, but also Formula 1 cars through the years. Incredible collection of about 1000 cars.

Picture062.jpg

Back at the Peugeot museum.

Picture126.jpg

Among others these prototype were on display:

Picture103.jpg

Picture108.jpg

The winner of the 24 hours of Le Mans in 2009, the Peugeot 908 came along from the public road! The is the very car that they used in the race. Plenty of flies were still attached on the bonnet. :P

Picture022.jpg

Instead of showing all the perfectly restaured Turbos and Dangel, I'd like to show this car, GRD 2.5 diesel. It shows that 505 are reliable and at least the diesel engine don't were out. Over 500.000 miles, but still running fine. Only some rust here and there:

Picture083.jpg

Some french guy made a clip on the parking:

Wow, that must have felt crazy.

When I used to drive a Peugeot, I used to always smile when seeing another one on the road.

The last Peugeot I saw on the road (other than at Ukit's place in L.A), was a brand new Boxer in Lake Tahoe, California..but I was in my e30 :(

It's the same here. If classic Peugeots meet each other on the road, there is always a handwave or a lightflash as greeting. It has been a while that I've seen another 505 "in the wild".

It has to be said, that we were driving quite slow there, so every 505 arriving after us, ran into the back of the group and stayed. So the group growed and growed.... Lot of surprised faces in other cars though. :)