fun package from Western Hemispheres

as i mentioned in another post, haven't had time to work on the car the past couple of weeks, so i've been buying stuff for the day when i have time. just got a package in from Western Hemispheres:

IMG_7165.jpg

a NOS handle for the shift lever (old one is falling apart), plus one of several purflux 867 oil filters and a sweet socket/wrench oil filter adapter. question for the past & current XN6 owners -- when changing the oil and filter, i had to loosen the alternator belt & move it out of the way to get the oil filter out. is there an easier way?

IMG_7166.jpg

some smaller parts -- a hold down bracket for the battery (currently just sitting on the battery shelf, held in by gravity) plus a glove box latch striker and limiter for my glovebox. currently, there is no latch striker, the PO put in a custom-engineered solution:

IMG_7167.jpg

i can probably get it figured out, but if anybody can post pics of their latch striker & limiter as installed, i'd greatly appreciate it...

andre

Guest EUROTRASH
IMG_7167.jpg

i can probably get it figured out, but if anybody can post pics of their latch striker & limiter as installed, i'd greatly appreciate it...

andre

Nice, you can never have enough spare parts for the 505, never.

I'll take a look at the glove box if that's we're talking about, I have to figure out exactly what is it that you need a photo of.

Nice, you can never have enough spare parts for the 505, never.

true -- i'm getting in the habit of never throwing anything out -- even worn out/busted stuff, 'cause you never know....

I'll take a look at the glove box if that's we're talking about, I have to figure out exactly what is it that you need a photo of.

thanks -- for starters, if you could take a pic of the area of the glovebox where mine has that lovely screw (the latch at the top), i'd appreciate it...

andre

thanks for the awesome pics, fernando (loved the highlight circles :) ) -- that is the area that i'm talking about. i can now see what i'm missing -- the part that hangs down from the glovebox opening snapped off at some point, and the PO put a screw there so that the screw head would catch the latching mechanism on the glovebox door to hold it shut. not sure how the part i have is supposed to fix that, though, will take some time to figure it out...

andre

Guest EUROTRASH
not sure how the part i have is supposed to fix that, though, will take some time to figure it out...

andre

No problem.

I was looking at it too and wondering the same thing, it's all integrated into the box's frame... not the greatest idea, they did it to knock the part out in a single mold. I'm thinking it'll take a little ingenuity, some plastic parts... epoxy, just let me know if you need more photos or measurements.

Personally I'd buy the box's frame if I could find it. Ask Bryan Cohn, he's selling parts in the For Sale/Want ads, "505 European Head Lights, & Momo Steering Wheel for sale", he might have what you need.