Can u use Saab 900 turbo interchangeable?

pushgo

So a buddy of mine just bought a fully cherried 1991 Saab turbo SPG he's wanting to have a set if 19 inch BBS rims. Upon sharing his excitement of his new toy I was eye balling his lug spacing. May sound stupid but would the 900 rims fit on a 505? Haven't measured lug spacing, back spacing etc

Only the older Subaru's have 4x140. Looks like the Saab is 4x108 with a quick google.

More importantly though - what's the deal with the new 505 V6? :)

Rabin

Ok...Just eye balling the lug spacing looked like maaaaybe they may fit but I figured I should trust a PUG professional :)

Oh yeah....Did I forget to share with you on my new impluse too good of an offer to pass up V6 with only 44,000 original miles on it? I'm having for things done in terms of maintanence: Automatic transmission service. It slips in Drive mode. I can hear and feel the gears changing from 1st thru 4th. It just slips. oil replaced with synthetic. rear end fluids drained and fresh replaced. brake fluid flushed and replaced. Radiator flushed and replaced. And having the water pump replaced as there was a very slow leak. Could be a faulty hose but really didnt want to take a chance and got a rebuilt one from Madhu! :) The car sat for nearly a year. after all the routine and preventitive maintanence is thru as well as figuring out whats wrong with the tranny I plan on having it repainted in the same color: Burgandy :)B):) The interior is in fantastic condition. The leather still smells new and aside from a tiny spot on driver side bolster wear eveything else in the interior is beautiful! once I get the car back I will take some pics and post.

Ah - so YOU were the guy that got Dennis' car... :) It was tempting to get it just for that interior - it was MINTY compared to mine in the 89', and the quote to fix the driver seat alone was $400+ for my car. Sadly - all the best deals lately have been too far to justify. (But WAY better for marital happiness... lol)

That was indeed a steel of a deal, and hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Likely too late, but my Volvo V70R has a rep for their poor 5-sp auto trannies, and a big deal with them is to use Mobil 3309 ATF in it, or the Volvo specific ATF.

I did a bunch of research and went with AMSOIL Universal ATF as it met the 3309 spec, as well as pretty much every other spec for ATF. Car currently has 185K km and it's still shifting nice and crisp, but I'll be doing another tranny flush this spring to keep the ATF fresh. I plan on flushing the tranny in the 505 TD wagon this spring and I'll be doing the AMSOIL ATF for sure.

So once you get the tranny sorted out - you'll need to check out engine options from the Delorean dudes:

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/store/sp...es/spec-ii-efi/

They've got some sweet set ups for the PRV engine. I personally like the supercharger set up. :) I'm curious what just the parts for it would run...

Rabin

Ah - so YOU were the guy that got Dennis' car... :) It was tempting to get it just for that interior - it was MINTY compared to mine in the 89', and the quote to fix the driver seat alone was $400+ for my car. Sadly - all the best deals lately have been too far to justify. (But WAY better for marital happiness... lol)

That was indeed a steel of a deal, and hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Likely too late, but my Volvo V70R has a rep for their poor 5-sp auto trannies, and a big deal with them is to use Mobil 3309 ATF in it, or the Volvo specific ATF.

I did a bunch of research and went with AMSOIL Universal ATF as it met the 3309 spec, as well as pretty much every other spec for ATF. Car currently has 185K km and it's still shifting nice and crisp, but I'll be doing another tranny flush this spring to keep the ATF fresh. I plan on flushing the tranny in the 505 TD wagon this spring and I'll be doing the AMSOIL ATF for sure.

So once you get the tranny sorted out - you'll need to check out engine options from the Delorean dudes:

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/store/sp...es/spec-ii-efi/

They've got some sweet set ups for the PRV engine. I personally like the supercharger set up. :) I'm curious what just the parts for it would run...

Rabin

Yeah, I'm hoping the cash register won't "cha-ching" too loudly for the tranny. I got a filter kit from Madhu and am going to take it to my mechanic this week as thats where my car is at right now. Thanks for the delorean info site!

Yeah, I'm hoping the cash register won't "cha-ching" too loudly for the tranny. I got a filter kit from Madhu and am going to take it to my mechanic this week as thats where my car is at right now. Thanks for the delorean info site!

Hey btw bean, did you ever get the issue with your throttle response on the VR70 squared away with?

Yup - rebuild electronic throttle module went in a couple weekends ago. Rebuilt unit that's better than OEM in that a mechanical sweep resistor was replaced with a solid state device.

As much as people complain about the Pugs - it's be far our cheapest car when it comes to repairs. Heck - even the major stuff is still cheaper than when big things in the Volvo goes.

That said - even maintaining these old cars is cheaper than financing and paying for a new car!

Rabin

Yup - rebuild electronic throttle module went in a couple weekends ago. Rebuilt unit that's better than OEM in that a mechanical sweep resistor was replaced with a solid state device.

As much as people complain about the Pugs - it's be far our cheapest car when it comes to repairs. Heck - even the major stuff is still cheaper than when big things in the Volvo goes.

That said - even maintaining these old cars is cheaper than financing and paying for a new car!

Rabin

Yup I hear ya on that one. Had the cayenne in shop other day tire preassure monitoring sensor went out and cost $1100.00 to repair! new cars are great and like the technology but when it breaks it's expensive. I'm

Considering selling it and getting a SUV with better MPG's and cost less to keep.

My buddy had an 06' Cayenne turbo and the worst thing about him downsizing was how bad it had spoiled him! He tried a brand new Nissan Frontier quad cab, but he just couldn't stand the thing after driving the Cayenne.

I only had one quick ride in it - and it was just plain absurd. It just defied all the known laws of physics because something that big and heavy just should be that fast, or handle that good.

I certainly don't envy maintenance costs, or running costs for that matter - but the vehicle is just so damn nice. It'll take a while to get used to downgrading.

For me - I'll just dump some coin into my old Pugs, and just enjoy the smile they put on my face when they're dialed in just perfect.

Rabin

My buddy had an 06' Cayenne turbo and the worst thing about him downsizing was how bad it had spoiled him! He tried a brand new Nissan Frontier quad cab, but he just couldn't stand the thing after driving the Cayenne.

I only had one quick ride in it - and it was just plain absurd. It just defied all the known laws of physics because something that big and heavy just should be that fast, or handle that good.

I certainly don't envy maintenance costs, or running costs for that matter - but the vehicle is just so damn nice. It'll take a while to get used to downgrading.

For me - I'll just dump some coin into my old Pugs, and just enjoy the smile they put on my face when they're dialed in just perfect.

Rabin

Well you hit nail exactly on the head. Which is the reason why I keep holding onto it. I bought it four years ago cash when I landed a huge contract for my business as a gift to myself for all the hard work and sacrifices I've made going to school and starting my business. it was a pre-owned managers car that I got a steal of a deal. however with the other three cars I have now I can probably just use it when needed. :)

Perhaps I may just keep it.

If you're looking for better mpg I've been eye balling the VW Touareg V10 Tdi. That's a tow rig and a rocket ship. I have heard that you can chip them to get 700 pound feet of torque.

WOW! That's a whole lotta torque. and the toureg is kinda like the cayenne.