Shift Bushings For '86 Turbo

pushgo

Hey guys I this morning woke up to get in the Peugeot to drive to coffee shop and my shifter has linkage....Any one know where I can get some shift bushings? If I am not mistaken, arent there about 10-12 bushings in the shift linkage? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I need to get my PUG back on the road. :)

Actually there's only 3 rods IIRC - so 6 ball and cup joints - so 6 "bushings" in use. Pretty sure you can't just get new bushings for the ball ends, so you'd have to find new rods. Madhu, Rob, or Brian in the Vendors section would be first places I'd check.

I have had luck just popping them back on and using zip ties for the time being. For a repair - try filling the cup with silicone, then popping the ball back into it (oil or wax the ball so silicone doesn't stick to it). Once it's in, pack the cup as best you can with the silicone that oozed out, and let it set.

Once that silicone hardens, the balls should work free easily and voila - repaired shifter. It's held up for years for me.

I'm hoping to one day replace the factory rods with heim joints and threaded rods next... Easily fixed in the future and they should really make the shifter precise, but will be easiest done on the tranny when it's out.

Rabin