09' 407 wagen

Peter Paine (Peugeot's U.S. lawyer) brought the 407 wagen over today and I got to take it for a drive. It just a base model and it was just gas 4 cylinder that I felt a little under powered but still was decent, and quiet, Peter rather have had the diesel but beggers can't be choosers, but it was still impressive to drive.... Clutch pedel was super light and steering reponse was, cloth seat were comfy. And the moonroof was super cool. 9 of them currently in the states, and you can import and can be here legally for 3 years but need all the proper paperwork before hand or you get fined up the whazoo... Peugeot isn't scheduled on coming back to the states at all.... :)

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

12.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The only way it can be here 3 years is on Manufacturer plates, right?

PSA has no plans to come back at all?? :( Citroen unveiled the Metropolis for China and Cuba even has a Peugeot dealer network. Montreal is the 2nd most populated french speaking city in the world.

Whatever. :)\

Tell Peter Paine to put his lawyering to good use, I'll lease a new Peugeot for 3 years... leave the manufacturer tags on it and I'll return it in 36 months.

I'll be a "consultant" doing "road testing" or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Well when the last time they were considering coming back was when the freedom fries episode, and CNN showed a southern white male distorying a 505 with a baseball bat and had wrote hatered words about french car... Since then they thought the American market is still not ready and strong for the time effort and tariffs and marketing that goes with bring them here. They're focused on Lemons racing and keeping they're image for 2 overall in Europe and 6th in the world...

yeah, and Mahindra is Federalizing a diesel powered small pickup truck for the NAFTA market.

I just find it frustrating that we don't have the choice here that the rest of the world does, and there is no legal way around it.

oh well

Well when the last time they were considering coming back was when the freedom fries episode, and CNN showed a southern white male distorying a 505 with a baseball bat and had wrote hatered words about french car... Since then they thought the American market is still not ready and strong for the time effort and tariffs and marketing that goes with bring them here. They're focused on Lemons racing and keeping they're image for 2 overall in Europe and 6th in the world...

I remember that on 60 mins. i think. stupid ****ing rednecks.

Since then they thought the American market is still not ready and strong for the time effort and tariffs and marketing that goes with bring them here. They're focused on Lemons racing and keeping they're image for 2 overall in Europe and 6th in the world...

I think you meant LeMans, but that's a funny typo as it implies that our 24 Hours of Lemons team has factory backing which I assure you it does not :-)

• 2 years later...

I say you just offer a kind of renting service, bring over a couple Peugeots and if your market fares well, tell Peugeot to get their butts over to North America!