89' 505 Turbo at a rally-x on ice.

Bean

Not as many pics this time as these were done with my camera and a buddy shooting me as I drove. Hopefully have more as there were a couple other guys shooting as well.

DSC_0610.JPG

DSC_0611.JPG

DSC_0612.JPG

DSC_0613.JPG

Rest of the event pics are here: Feb 21st Autostart Rally-X

Couple guys did some in-car video footage, so if interested you can check this out: In-car

Or

In Truck - :(

Rabin

Oh man Fernando - it has been a long time if you didn't know I bought August's car!

I couldn't resist when it came up for sale and had to make it happen. August was awesome to deal with, and I got a TON of parts with the car.

This car is on the restoration path as well - but the rational for buying it was I needed a winter car... So I may as well have some fun while I'm at it. :(

Rabin

Guest EUROTRASH

Oh man Fernando - it has been a long time if you didn't know I bought August's car!

I couldn't resist when it came up for sale and had to make it happen. August was awesome to deal with, and I got a TON of parts with the car.

This car is on the restoration path as well - but the rational for buying it was I needed a winter car... So I may as well have some fun while I'm at it. :(

Rabin

Holly crap!! congratulations man!! What possessed August to sell it?!

Yea I was looking at it and thinking "WTF isn't this August's car??"

Now.. the "winter car" part.. aren't all our cars rear-wheel drive? haha

Rob I thought you fixed yours

Guest EUROTRASH

yeah Fernanado, i did. but then my steering rack started going bad, and the one day I drove it, it gave up, and I lost control and hit a curb

my fault for underestimating the problem, I was adding ps fluid almost everyday

Damn, yea you can't ignore things like that, my steering rack is bad too but I can't find anybody to fix it, or rather no parts to fix it.. it's a real bitch. What kind of damage did you do when you hit the curb?

FWIW - I set one of the fastest times on the ice with the 89', so even though it's RWD, if well driven on the right tires it's a VERY capable car in even the worst conditions.

Absolutely slaughtered a Ford Explorer 4x4 that ran the event. Only some of the well driven FWD cars on studs, and the one WRX on Hakka snow tires car beat me.

I'm quite sure I had the most fun though - I was the only RWD car out there.

As for August selling - he's getting really into road racing a Corrado, and just wanted something newer with less maintenance than the aging 505. He went to an ~00' MB S500 in MINTY shape instead. Gorgeous car, and it was a steal for what he got it for. Hugely capable, and an awesome driver. He had hopes of staying in the fold with his project car - but that might even be up for sale as it's just too much stuff on the go with the road racing. Time is always a bugger to find when you have mulitple interests.

For me - it's our second car, and my DD, but the main family car is our 00' V70R - so I can play around and enjoy the 89' and keep modding and fixing as needed. Car is such a joy to drive that it suits what I wanted perfectly. I still pine for somethig hardcore race ready - but with a young family, liking motorbikes, and cars, and photography - I can't do it all just yet.

Rabin