Momo'd both my Peugeots...

Bean

Hey guys,

Figured you guys would appreciate the latest mods... Lucked out and found a hub with the standing lion center button for the 504 - looks sweet! Found a nice Momo wheel for the 505, so moved the Momo wheel that was in it to the 504 so now it looks like this:

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

And found this wheel locally that is quite a bit thicker in the rim which I really like. This wheel has horn functionality so I couldn't use the standing lion button on it... Still looks good though.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Rabin

I don't think 505's ever had horns in the wheel. Since there's no rotating contact in the wheel - it'd be hard to wire it up without fatiguing the wires - but I didn't have the heart to cut the wiring so I just taped it up and left it.

Be cool to wire the horn button to a garage opener tucked into the hub - that'd be cool. :D

Rabin

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Figured you guys would appreciate the latest mods... Found a nice Momo wheel for the 89' - so moved the Momo wheel that was in it to the 504. Lucked out and found a hub with the standing lion center button for the 504 - looks sweet!

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

And found this wheel locally that is quite a bit thicker in the rim which I really like. I also prefer the center to the other wheel - which got removed on the 504 due to the cool standing lion button. This wheel has horn functionality so I couldn't use the standing lion button on the 89... Still looks good though.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Rabin

The wheel on your '89 looks similar to mine in my car....YEEEESSS...I will work on getting those interior pics :DB):D

Rabin,

am I seeing correctly? are your wiper and signals stalks different than the original?

Good eye - they're 405 Mi-16 stalks... And I highly recommend the upgrade.

Not sure what was involved, but I assume it was plug'n play. August did this prior to me getting the car and I really like them.

Rabin

PS - you do need more pics. I'm guilty as well though, I need to detail my car and get some pics of my own up.

Good eye - they're 405 Mi-16 stalks... And I highly recommend the upgrade.

Not sure what was involved, but I assume it was plug'n play. August did this prior to me getting the car and I really like them.

Rabin

PS - you do need more pics. I'm guilty as well though, I need to detail my car and get some pics of my own up.

Well I am waiting for these rain storms to clear up so I can do a full detail on my beauty and THEN i will get some new pics for you! B):D

I think I am going to copy you and do the upgrade on my wiper and signal stalks!

OOOH..PPS...You need to put some pics of your 504 up as well! if i have to put up some more pics than so do you mister!~

damn, i didn't catch the stalks!

speaking of stalks, my left stalk is broken, as in the high beam function does not work when the lights are already on.

The last one i had, the blinkers didn't automatically click back when straightening out the wheel.

I'm pretty interested in this...i need to have high beams.

edit: I've seen how the series 1 and series 2 cars have different style stalks (the 86+ are a flat). do they fit in the same? (noting how they have different columns w. different style wheels)

Rob - I've heard that your old style stalks are the most robust units to have, and I'm pretty sure that guys have fit the older style to the series 2 cars, so I'd guess you can fit the Mi-16 stalks to the older car... You'd be the first to try it though I think.

I did find out that the wiper stalk for the 405 DL doesn't have the intermittent function, so I'm assuming the S or the Mi-16 have the intermittent function.

Rabin

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,

Figured you guys would appreciate the latest mods... Found a nice Momo wheel for the 89' - so moved the Momo wheel that was in it to the 504. Lucked out and found a hub with the standing lion center button for the 504 - looks sweet!

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

And found this wheel locally that is quite a bit thicker in the rim which I really like. I also prefer the center to the other wheel - which got removed on the 504 due to the cool standing lion button. This wheel has horn functionality so I couldn't use the standing lion button on the 89... Still looks good though.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Rabin

these pics don't download for me...I remember seeing them once before and I loved them!

Fixed.

The pictures were in our gallery which got screwed up with the new board. Goin forward - I'm not sure if I should set up a dedicated gallery, or just set up a link to Picasa or Flickr instead.

And yeah - nice steering wheels really do make a big difference in improving the "feel". I'm super stoked to have found the 504 hub adapter!

Rabin

Fixed.

The pictures were in our gallery which got screwed up with the new board. Goin forward - I'm not sure if I should set up a dedicated gallery, or just set up a link to Picasa or Flickr instead.

And yeah - nice steering wheels really do make a big difference in improving the "feel". I'm super stoked to have found the 504 hub adapter!

Rabin

Is this where you got your 504 hub adaptor?

http://www.dalhems.com/Product.aspx?guid=1905547c-d77a-4fb8-98de-11828bd58343