flight N9TE cleared for take off!

Guest the505inme

Guest the505inme

So, I just changed the oil, and I can finally say.....I'M DONE! My 2 month saga of top end re/re ing, knuckle bashing, swearing, waiting for parts and dealing with dummies from Napa (they were nice enough to give me the wrong oil filter) comes to a close today.

Thanks to everyone in this forum who gave advice and tips, and a BIG THANK YOU goes out to Rabin (aka Bean) from Regina. He provided me with the literature, a cam, a spare head in case I needed it and his years of Peugeot experience. He also put up with several of my frantic phone calls, when I thought things went horribily wrong....

I tell you, this guy knows his stuff!

John.

Thanks John!

I also have to return the kudo's though - if you guys could have seen the tiny little tool box John had, with the odd assortment of tools - I was pretty damn amazed that he pulled it off. I figure it was shear determination and the will to do it right - and he did a HELL of a job! Good thing too - I was a bit worried ater a few of the calls - if he had to abandon the car then I'd HAVE to have gone and saved it and my wife would have KILLED me... :D

The car ran VERY nicely and it was well worth saving - one of the nicest 505 Turbo's I've seen - I was just sad that I didn't think to shoot some pics...

Now that you have the car in A1 shape John you should shoot some nice pics and post them... :)

Rabin