Look what I found today!

I found a BMW steering wheel behind a dumpster(I guess looking behind dumpsters is my substitute for gambling :D ) so I took it home, refurbished the plastic and repainted the leather, and this is what I got.

post-114-1248738507.jpg

Then I just had to make a Peugeot center in case it finds it's way into the 505. :P

post-114-1248738534.jpgpost-114-1248738592.jpg

What do you think?

I found a BMW steering wheel behind a dumpster(I guess looking behind dumpsters is my substitute for gambling :D ) so I took it home, refurbished the plastic and repainted the leather, and this is what I got.

post-114-1248738507.jpg

Then I just had to make a Peugeot center in case it finds it's way into the 505. :P

post-114-1248738534.jpgpost-114-1248738592.jpg

What do you think?

nice. what did you make the centre cap out of?

Thanks Kevin!

I made the cap out of plexiglass. I printed out a logo from the web on regular paper and painstakingly cut out the contours with an x-akto knife.

Thats why it's not 100% good but I'm pretty happy with the result anyway.

Aha Rob, I didn't know there was different sizes, the diameter is the same as a 505 turbo wheel anyway.

Thanks Rabin!

Yep, it has a splined center, with fine splines that don't fit the pug. Not sure how to address that yet.

Maybe if I had a spare pug wheel I could cannibalize it for the center and turn an adapter that the pug center would press fit in and bolt it to the bmw wheel?