85' 505 turbo injecotr upgrade...

Bean

Hi guys,

I was looking having my injectors cleaned in my quest to revive my 85' 505 turbo so I checked and the 255 injectors are much smaller than the 86' 505 turbos... The 802's flow ~300 cc/min

Trouble is the 85' is a high impedance injector and Iassume no resistor pack. If I run the 86' injectors is there any advise for wiring up a resistance pack?

Hoping someone is already familiar with the process and can advise - otherwise I'll have to figure it out and I was hoping it would be an easy upgrade... :D

Rabin

After evaluating all the work to try and figure out what's wrong with the stock system - I decided to spend that time on the same ECU swap to the turbo Dodge ECU...

It was my original plan - but then I hesitated and thought it might be better to get it running with the stock system first.... To many unknowns to get the stock system going though - so may as well attempt the Turbo Dodge set up...

I'll be verifying the engine is OK with a compression test, and if that goes well I'll swap on my rebuilt water cooled T3 and the valve cover an TMIC stuff from the 86 while I fit the SMEC ECU...

That's the plan anyway...

Rabin

Yup - I should have everything I need for the SMEC ecu - but I'm thinking I should get new sensors just to make sure the install goes well.

I also have a good friend that's really into the Turbo Dodges - his Lancer (large 4 door car) with a 2.5T ran a 12.7 quarter mile time recently.

Rabin