Cylinder head bolts

krede

I usually discard these as a matter of cause.

However the workshop manual says nothing about this..

Are they supposed to be a reusable item?...

Unless they're torque to yield bolts, you should. Problems with torque to yield is they stretch back and forth because cast iron and aluminum have different thermal expansion rates. The torque to yield bolts helppick up the slack. Eventually they wear out after being stretched and you get a blown head gasket.

Thanks... its not so much the cost that deters me.. rather than the effort of finding new ones..

By the way V-M... could you supply Piston rings? (maybe bearings as well?).. I've asked Peugeot Denmark if they can fetch me these... but so far no reply.. so I am looking for alternative sources :D

Deves is good alternative. I have ring sets too... but then you need to use old oil rings. That can be done also with small rework for old ones. Ring set is for 92mm pistons so those ring end cap can be adjusted for worn cylinder.

V-M

I have good used oilrings ones still also (I can put set of these with out no cost also there). Remember at those deves ones are for good original size cylinder (cant adjust gap size on those).

That "A" spec difference to "B" and to"AB" is just thousands of mm so that does not matter on used engine.

V-M

How yould you know? I thought that TTY bolts were usually torqued down using the "angle method". Isn't that how ours go? That led me to think they WERE TTY bolts. That being said, I've never seen anybody declare them TTY or seek to replace them.