Valve Guides

clay32

Ive been calling around parts places and whoever will talk to me and the general concensus seems to be that valve guides cant be bought indivually and have to be got with the valves which arnt exactly cheap. Either way i found my way to a german murena site I found in the links section, and they appeared to stock valve guides for the 2.2 for a very reasonable price.

My question is will thease guides work and murena be compatible, or does anyone have a better idea...

I googled "N9te valve guides" and came up with this bit from Brian Holm:

Eriksson Industries, in Old Saybrook, CT, erikssonindustries.com/ who

supplied the rebuilt heads that Peugeot dealers sold, can supply bronze

guides which they have sourced independently. Ask for Nat.

I'm pretty sure there was another reference to a states side supplier that was cheap - but this may be the only tip you need.

Please let us know if it works out for you as we'll likely need some confirmation of the supplier for future rebuilds...

Barring that solution - I've heard decent results can be had by knurling the inside of the guides and then re-machining to fit the valves. It's not usually advised - but better than too much clearance. One good thing that was mentioned with the knurling was that the groves held oil better and there was less wear since there was better lubrication...

Rabin

You can get the stuff here:

http://www.simon-auto.de/matra/englisch/nprokap_01.htm

I cant imagine why murena guides couldn't be fitted to a pug turbo head.. I have both types of cylinder heads and all the parts are 100% interchangeable. i am certain that they will be a perfect fit. Only possible problem I can think about is that they might not transfer heat as well as the original 505 guides that were made of bronze... but then again.. I seem to remember that the later model turbo engines had steel guides like the murena.

V-M will know for sure whether you can use these... or failing that... drop Simon Autotechnic an email... I have bought a lot from them for my Muren, and they are usually good to at replying.

I will be using Murena oil seals on my Peugeot valves, as well as a re grinded murena cam.

And further.. I believe that the crank shafts of the 505 turbos has the tabot logo stamped in them... so... the relationship is obvious.. :lol:

This can be found also from Old L-listing... Written by Toni

We did order our guides from there in 2004

There might be several sources in US but ordered them from http://www.sivalves.com/ about a year ago when I couldn't get them from Europe. Their service was excellent and they shipped to Finland.

http://www.sivalves.com/ocforeign_vguides_peug.html

Guide: Peugeot: 2.2 N9TE Turbo IE Std 0.3546" I.D.x 0.5910" O.D. x 2.205" Long VG 5332/00

Here are some info and pictures:

http://peugeot505.info/index.php?spgmGal=P...ages〈=2

Let the machine shop take off the old guides and they'll tell you what's the outside diameter of new guides they need. At least the guy in a machine shop I used said that he'll need to remove the old guides first and then measure the old guides and holes. So he did and told me the correct outside diameter and I ordered the new guides from SI Valves. They should be able to come up with a .002 thousandth's oversize on the outside diameter if needed. My old guides came off easily and the outside diameter of them was about 14,98 mm, that's about 0,5898", so the machine shop had to grind them a bit to make them a perfect fit. I only replaced the exhaust guides because the intake guides were still in a good shape.

NA engines guides are steel and turbo guides are bronze

V-M

ey thanks all for the quick relpies, i think I will go ahead and give SI valves a try, I did order a wastegate from erikssonindustries a while back but the telephone on the site is wrong -- sends you to a condominium or something, does anyone know the proper number or would I best email them. The murena guides still sound like a solution, I had seen that site and i had thought it was the only solution but it sounds like I can get away without waiting for expensive shipping and enduring fun language issues.

Well... for what it's worth.. I have only written them in English.. so... don't think that will be a problem... as for shipping.... inside EU at least we haven't heard about any mishaps.... but as V-M says the turbo guides are bronze and the Murena guides are steel... so... I would see If I could get some bronze ones locally.