85 Turbo Parts Car Available

85-505

My car was hit while parked on the street in a hit & run last week.

The driver side on the back is all mangled and the back door wont open

I haven't been told yet what Insurance will pay but probably not much. I thought I would see if anyones interested in it as a parts car

It has a good running N9T turbo motor with a later intercooler added which passed the emissions test in September, 5 speed, decent dark blue leather interior

The car has approx 205,000 miles on it (speedo/odo stopped working last year) and has 4 15" alloys and 2 snow tires on ugly steel rims.

I have some extras like used rear shocks I didnt get around to putting on, a spare alternator.

The Car still runs and drives but shouldn't be driven too far as is.

I am in Vancouver Canada. let me know if you're interested and I'll send you some pics. 400$ obo

If there's no takers and you decide to part it out I'd be interested in a few things...

Driver side - both door glass panes for one... Damn vandals broke out the driver side glass on both my 85 and 86 505 turbos a while back.

My 85 also had a mysterious no start which is why it's sitting. If price was right I'd be interested in the ECU's, fuel pumps, and even the tank if it were possible to ship it to SK(mines really rusty inside).

I'm right tapped out with the purchase of JJG's wagon though so hopefully you aren't in a hurry to get rid of the stuff.

Rabin

The insurance company gave me a fair deal for the car ( actually more than I'd bought the car for ) so it's gone to the them. I assume they'll sell it to a local junkyard. The Insurance guy was pretty cool, since they didnt have any 505's in their computer to get a fair value, he searched classifieds and was only able to find them for sale in the US.

I kept the alloy wheels & tires and the trunk spoiler and a few other things. I have some spares like an alternator & rear shocks to sell as well. I'll keep an eye out for a nice 505 around here, but I may not be able to resist picking up a clean E34 BMW .. or a Toyota Aristo ( with the supra engine )

Excellent!

Glad to hear it worked out. If at all possible, can you find out what yard it does go to? Just FYI in case there's a need for parts. Was there a $$ figure to buy it back?

Hopefully some of the other good stuff can get salvaged as well.

Funny you mentioned the E34's - that's the front brake disk and hub source for my 505 Turbo project. (from the 540i). For my rear brake disks I'm using E46 front disks however, so combined together it'll be superior than the E34. Should rival or even best the E36 M3 brakes actually...

Rabin

Thanks Nick...

Tank would be a shipping bugger - but once I get the car back in my garage I'll give it a proper diagnosis and go from there - if find the culprit I'll hit you up for whatever I need. (If I don't have the fix from my 86')

Rabin

Excellent!

Glad to hear it worked out. If at all possible, can you find out what yard it does go to? Just FYI in case there's a need for parts. Was there a $$ figure to buy it back?

Hopefully some of the other good stuff can get salvaged as well.

Funny you mentioned the E34's - that's the front brake disk and hub source for my 505 Turbo project. (from the 540i). For my rear brake disks I'm using E46 front disks however, so combined together it'll be superior than the E34. Should rival or even best the E36 M3 brakes actually...

Rabin

I didn't ask about that. But as I understand it they hold Auctions for the salvage cars and possibly a junkyard would buy it from there. The auctions aren't public, you need to be ' in the trade '

Heres 2 links

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1093953

https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/salvage/spl.../LoadSplashPage

I did drive by a junkyard in Surrey last month that had Peugeot on the sign out front.. I'll try to get their contact info for ya next time I'm out that way.