For sale in Oregon

Guest AaronH

Edit:

I just spoke for the past 10 minutes or so, with a kind lady who answered the number

I left my name, number, and email, and hope to receive a call back from him soon, from what I hear, the car was imported by a reputable french man.

I may actually be interested in flying up into Portland and picking this one up.

Its a european spec, so its pretty much a dream come true (for a peugeot enthusiast)

Get pictures and details...

I'm pretty sure the US couldn't just import a euro spec car unless it's 25 years or older. People could take euro delivery of a US spec built car - but I'd be curious how it got here if it really is a euro spec car. Not sure why it says "wide body" either.

Should have a metric dominant instrument cluster for sure. (KMS on the top) If I were to guess this is just an 89' 505 Turbo with the updated body kit. Since it's so rare it'd be easy to think it was a special imported euro version. Still a hell of a find, and if it's a 5-sp Rob, and you don't buy it, I'll be forced to ban you from the site... Kidding... mostly. :D

Rabin

Get pictures and details...

I'm pretty sure the US couldn't just import a euro spec car unless it's 25 years or older. People could take euro delivery of a US spec built car - but I'd be curious how it got here if it really is a euro spec car. Not sure why it says "wide body" either.

Should have a metric dominant instrument cluster for sure. (KMS on the top) If I were to guess this is just an 89' 505 Turbo with the updated body kit. Since it's so rare it'd be easy to think it was a special imported euro version. Still a hell of a find, and if it's a 5-sp Rob, and you don't buy it, I'll be forced to ban you from the site... Kidding... mostly. :D

Rabin

hey rabin :D

did you also check that other post i made?

its the same color, trim combo as i always have wanted and it has a killer price.

im calling the owner tomorrow :D

Yep - just saw it. That's a give away... (so cheap... makes me sad!)

Course if that "euro" 89' was a 5-sp I'd pony up the extra cash especially if it had good factory paint.

I'm always wary of "newer" paint jobs on low priced cars as they're usually quite poorly done, and cost more to fix than a car with OEM paint. (Maaco $269 specials are the worst!)

Rabin

tell me about it!

my dad had a 900 dollar job done on my current car, which leads it to the shitty current state that it is in.

They apparently had seen a tiny bit of rust gathering, and instead of sanding it to get rid of it, they painted over it.

now all that shit is peeling off, but still not YET so bad.

Oh well...

Keep in mind guys when it comes to paint jobs, you get what you pay for. Consider an inexpensive paint job more of a repair then a long term fix.

Actually - a better analogy would be that a cheap paint job is a poor repair with substandard parts that will eventually fail. It's much better to treat and slow down rust than to just give it a quick and dirty splash job. I'd much rather buy a car in which I can see all the issues than one that's sprayed and bondo'd over.

You definitely get what you pay for though. Maaco does fantastic work usually if you give them the mandate and the budget to do so.

Rabin

Actually - a better analogy would be that a cheap paint job is a poor repair with substandard parts that will eventually fail. It's much better to treat and slow down rust than to just give it a quick and dirty splash job. I'd much rather buy a car in which I can see all the issues than one that's sprayed and bondo'd over.

You definitely get what you pay for though. Maaco does fantastic work usually if you give them the mandate and the budget to do so.

Rabin

I didnt have a choice, but :

Problem was somehow parked way out back under a carport next to my garage one of my nosey neighbors

saw the old '81 beater and called the city. Despite being licensed, driven and insured it was deemed an eyesore :D

I ended up paying $199 for an Earl Scheib job, it looks decent from 20 feet away. But, it was cheaper then the fines I would have had, and it shut her the hell up (for now) :D

okay , well the seller finally sent me a few pictures of his car.

his car has the euro lights.

his car also is one of those very few 89' 505 turbo 5spd sedans imported to america (one of 14, i think).

however, his car does NOT seem to be an authentic european spec 505.

the car does have painted bumper trims (as oppose to the black plastic ones on stock cars)

That's a steal of a deal for an 89' 5sp. You'd be nuts not to pick it up - or it would pretty much be a sign that you're not ready for a 505 Turbo.

new advert

It's deals like this where I regret dumping so much into mine instead of trying for the ultra rare versions. I can take some comfort that the GL-Turbo is pretty darn rare, but it ain't no 89' 505 Turbo 5-sp!

Rabin