stickers

N9TE

Hey all,

So, I decided to see what I could do with Illustrator and re-creating the information labels for our cars.

Here is what I have so far

coolant.jpg

The last box is where Arabic went. Part of me would just as soon see swastikas there as Arabic. I don't have any Arabic fonts. Plus, the on-line transation tools give me nothing that looks like the "text" that is there.

Any thoughts for improvement, ideas, etc?

Any interest in this?

Now that is cool.

I ran out of special paper, but I still have some waterproof avery papers that i could print it out on.

Have you tried scanning a portion of our original labels on and then pasting the arabic onto it?

I personally would love to do something like this, but instead of arabic, do farsi, as I'm part persian :D

I do have interest in this, if you would let me to copy this and do a mock up print out, I could show it to you all!

not completely sure this is 100% correct, but here ya go.

i can speak fluent farsi, but not the best when it comes to writing :D

Sounds good to me. Take you time and do your best to translate it. I found that many of the French, German and Italian words used back in the 80s have changed. At least according to google translate.

Anyway, when you get a translation done - send it to me as a line art. Adobe Illustrator would be best. I'll scale it to fit. Keeping the aspect ratios the same.

When someone who knows such things says, why Farsi where Arabic should be. Too bad, a persian had a hand in displacing it!

I've got a passable inkjet, but it'll get printed by a commercial printer on sticker material. I'm still searching for vendors to job it out to.

If you want, try Fedex Kinkos, don't know if they still have that service done, where you can do it all yourself, but I can stop by at one, and see how much I can fit on to how many papers.

Give me a few more days, I'll be back in Tahoe for a day tomorrow and when I get back I shall most likely have it done.

Also, not sure If I can fit it all on to the right hand box, if I do, it'd be very very small, or illegable..well I'll try my best.

my dad just went over what I had done, and since he was born there, and moved here when he was 17, he knows it all correctly.

he helped me edit it, and I'll have it now done tonight.

Interesting fact: I have to type it backwards, as they read right to left.

By the way, my dad was once too, a Peugeot fan. He's owned a Turbo sedan, a 89 ZDJL, and of course my STi, which is now mine :D

Peugeots are really big in iran, probably the most popular car.

They build them there too!

I'm going to email a contact my grandpa gave me in Iran who works for them, and I'll see what he can send my way...

I'm pretty familair with pre-press work and there appear to be many vendors of vinyl stickers. Although I'll drop by and check as it's been a long time since I went into a Kinko's. I'm pretty sure that the OEM level of quality I see is beyond what they will do.