Paint schemes...

Bean

I was checking out the 505 race cars and I'm thinking my car needs a nice tasteful theme on the car to pay homage to the cars racing history - plus it should be a bloody quick car... :(

The car is exactly like 505T's white sedan, but it's a GL-Turbo. (stripped no option car) The car will be repainted white, and I have ideas for a more aggressive front spoiler, rear spoiler delete/replacement, and flush mounting the windsheild and rear glass.

Any ideas?

I'm favoring a white car with Peugeot motorsport "rainbow" striping - but I'm lost on what and where to put the stripes.

That's what I'm thinking - but I want it to be subtle, so that it doesn't look like a race car, but rather a nice, fully restored car thats got some stupid performance capabilities.

I like the motorsports color band on the front bumper, but the hood and sides are too much for my taste.

Some nice subtle stripes starting from sharp points on the front spoiler, across the front spoiler, down the sides and across the trunk wing in a little wider stripes?

Hmmm... I might have to practice up on photoshop and play around with different schemes...

Rabin

I love two toned peugeots (like mine) but in your case...

I think it would look pretty slick just remaining white, tint the windows, paint the bumpers and all the trim white to match, powdercoat the wheels white. It would look sweet.

I say this because you might get tired of a stripes or logos in the paint job.

I like the keeping it white idea... (No painted stripes)

I might be able to get a local company up here to do up a set of stripes in vinyl - they do all the promotional stuff for my car club and I'd likely get a pretty good deal.

If I play around with it in photoshop - and I find something I really like, then painting would still be an option. Paint just seems to be more "professional" than using graphics...

No I'm thinking if the wheels were white as well... See attached for a pic of the wheel... :(

post-8-1127364464.jpg

I'm feeling this. Here's my take.

If you want to paint it, why not do an exact replica of the pics as posted by August. That way it raises no questions of taste and preference because its a cosmetic replica of a race car. That way you don't tire of it because there is heritage. It also gives the cosmetic upgrade value because it is following specific livery.

My plan is to put my car together as either a low key subdued street car with supercar aspirations or a Peugeot hotrod in the style of R-Gruppe, a local Porsche club that hotrods their cars in an authentic and Bavarian style www.rgruppe.org

I prefer to set up the Fiver as a copy of one of these cars because not only is it cool....but very unusual and would be great for the numerous auto shows we have here in southern Cali. But all cosmetics aside, it has to have grunt and manouverability...

Lets leave it at that for now! :(

New idea... <_<

I recently saw an older AMG 300 CE coupe and it was done in the traditional white-out AMG fashion from the 80's... It was a stunning car - but MAN did that thing stick out!

I'm rethinking the paint scheme now as I want something less "obvious" - but still have a hint of the motorsport stripes. Something more stealthy.

So now I'm thinking of a nice shiny anthracite (dark silver) BMW silver for the wheels and the sides, and maybe a dark (possibly a satin matt finish) charcoal for the horizontal surfaces. Not sure where I'd do the motorsports stripes now though... It'll be tough to do nicely and fit with what I want...

Again - just thinking out loud... :) Maybe I'm just watching Rides and Overhaulin' too much... :)