headlights are hazy and yellow, solution?

Noticing that the sourounding trim on one headlight is becomming much yellow and the other one could use some tlc too. How can I clean the headlights to bring them back to new quality. Do the plastic surround lenses come off? Might be fun to put some led lights or strobes in there as well.

Matt

you can buff it out temporally, if you sand it and clear coat it, it will last longer

...your talking about the clear headlight lenses right?

thats why i bought glass headlight for my Legacy, they will never oxidize

soo.. you are talking about oxidation from sunlight, not fog from moisture right?

heres a link that shows how to sand them if you are brave enough to give it a shot, i tried it with my old plastic headlights, it didnt go to great, they werent any worse, but definitely not any better, but some people have made them look as good as new

Clean Yellowed Headlights

sealed beams CAN be a bitch.

That's why I bought a pair of Eurolights.

I hope to also buy a pair of replacement lenses soon.

Also most importantly this weekend hope to go and pull out some mounts from a 84+505.

On your car, you don't need any mounts to fit Eurolights on .

Sadly, since mine is a 83 model, I never got the mounts as they came on your's. I have a strange primative dual round set up.

I might want to keep the stockers but the yellowness is a pain. If I get the eurolights (how much are they?) I'll definatly be going with some HID's

I have to hold myself from buying anything I dont need until the car is actualy restored to the point where its inspected and driveable.

We were comparing specs today on his turbo hyundai elantra vs the pug 505 turbo and in theory the pug is going to be faster than I thought. I'm really excited to get it going, its going to be a hoot to drive. Cant wait to start smoking ricers in an 86 sleeper

That's the spirit! It is the #1 Reason why I want either a turbo or a v6 505... Play with and defeat true ricers. Although the turbo is faster stock and undoubtedly will react better to mods the V6 isn't lagging behind much. And the true ricer is slow as balls. The turbo civics you can't beat anyway, they aren't ricers.

Quite impossible. While I am sure the 2.2 powerplant is capable of those numbers, not if you want to drive it a long period of time... I think the stock 180 will do nicely. I wonder if intake and exhaust would bump that figure a little. All you actually have to do is hang with them. They will tell their friends this old 505 Peugeot was tuned the hell up to keep up with them!

right now the car has an open element filter and the muffler was replaced with a pipe and a resonated tip. For the 10 seconds I got the car to start before my duct tape failed and it lost fuel pressure, it sounded cool.

If you think I'm keeping this stock your nuts, rofl. MOD BUG.

at least motors for this arent $2700

It sounds like a 4cylinder - like any other - however unlike the famed vtec theres virtualy no rasp.

the boost has already been upped from the stock 11psi, my uncle made a manual boost controller. My target is 17psi or so. I just want a litttttlee more out of it. According to the project 505 page on 17psi, delson racing cam and bigger injectors he's running 230hp.

my friend has around 200 in his hyundai and with 300lbs and 30 more horses I assume my car should be around as fast as his meaning it'll be a effing hoot to drive and will do mid 14's

I would be a bit careful turning up boost.

Small turbo + high boost = lots of backpressure ---> possibility for detonation and blown engine.

The "Grey beast" on this site has a 3" exhaust system to reduce backpressure.

I would be a bit careful turning up boost.

Small turbo + high boost = lots of backpressure ---> possibility for detonation and blown engine.

The "Grey beast" on this site has a 3" exhaust system to reduce backpressure.

I already know that whenever I get a Turbo I need to wait until it's 25 before I do anything drastic. When a car is 25 you are exempt from emissions over here, so that is the prime time to get rid of that old system and put in a custom large bore exhaust system. Get rid of all that restrictive "green house emissions" crap. You might want to look into that as well.

Oh its well looked into. its a QQ car next year. My stelath already has a text pipe (gutted cat). its basicaly a straight shot from the headers to the "fart can" (which is a $400 tanabe muffler) and thats it. Freeflowing FTW