American/French 505 !! LooK!!

Wow!

Check this one out!

It's a 1988 American 505 TD in France, just has many cool features that are not in America.

Danielson headlights! And check out his front Bumper lights! Custom made? Never seen those Half Amber/Clear's made to the USA Spec Shape :huh:

Also very nice rims!

The headlights are cool for sure (Morette I believe is the supplier), but I think the wheels are just machined and painted stock 14" mags...

That headlight set up is what I want to try and make out of a quad headlight set up... :D

Rabin

I can see that about the rims, they do look like amil's.

But as for right now, that is until I can get the Euro lights to fit, I'm probably going to paint the surrounds with some black paint I have lying around my garage.

I don't feel quite like upgrading the lights, as I already have really nice Eurolights, with brandnew superwhite's in them.

It'll Hopefully just be temporary, until I get everything sorted out.

hey Rob,

Mike Aube replied to your post on peugeot-l about your lights and it made sense. I thought the quad headlight set up was in a single unit that installed like the later style headlights - so you'll need the metal ball that mounts high on the outside of each light, and the clip near the grill... Hopefully you have the hole for the adjuster mechanism - but with a donor car handy you should be able to get and install the pieces fairly easy.

It's worth the effort and the car really does look much more "exotic" with the euro lights.

Good luck with the install!

Rabin

The rims look like they are Ronal turbo's. I must say they look pretty damn good on a 505!

They are 4 x 100's (if you use that specification to see if you can mount them or not) No clue what the 505's measurements are though... 4 holes x ???

Yeah, I just found out we are blessed with 4x140... if only 4x100, that would give us much choice on the rims part. Now there is nothing...

Love these though... But they must be very very rare.

By the way recently I saw an american spec 7-seater SW8 at "La fete des limousines", a meeting for underrated french large cars like 505, 604, 605, Citroen CX, SM, XM and Renault 30/Safrane.

It was owned by a french guy who worked for Michelin in the USA. Later he took it back to France, now it in Holland.

3_G.jpg

6_G.jpg

From Citroen there were mainly CX's and XM's, but also a few SM's among which this MINT one:

39_G.jpg

And did you know this big french car? It is a Talbot Tagora. Technically it is largely a 604, but with the 4cilinder N9 eninge (so without Turbo).

21_G.jpg

• 1 month later...