A Salute To A Great Car

Well, I thought I'd show appreciation to my car by making this thread.

my 1983 Peugeot 505 Sti Xn6 5speed sedan has done a great job in the past years.

It was my dad's daily driver till he gave it to me, which it has been a daily driver for me as well.

Well, with almost 400k on the clock, and a partially rebuilt engine, the car is still running as strong as hill. Any hill in San francisco it will take.

So, just giving thanks to Peugeot for making a great car that lasted 25 years and counting. Hopefully, it will have a load of new stuff by the end of this year.

Norcal, I might be in your neck of the woods; going to CA for training, might drive up near Frisco to look at a 505 wagon.

aha jeff!

i have to say it already does!

get this, i came home from the hospital in it, as a newborn.

now thats dedication to a car!

lol, only a few years older than me though...

and pugsley;

where will you be?

i'm in alameda, 20 mi's from frisco, you can see it from the shore facing into the bay-look for a bunch of large naval ships, thats the area i do photoshoots and auto x in.

There was a '85 Wagon on craigslist S.F area (gas 5 speed !) and Ive spoken to the owner, so Im thinking if it looks good I might drive it back here. Im waiting on them to email me pics/details.

I'll be in San Diego hopefully in the next month or so, so Id have to rent a car to drive up there to get it.