Saying hey, the state of the '88 505 Tic

Well,

I thought I'd follow up on my peugeotedness since picking up some very nice rims from a very nice guy here, Jeff.

So I got tires, went to mount up the rims, and... damn. The fronts don't mount, they grind the calipers & the tires scrape the strut. So I'm half n half 15" steelies and pre-87 turbo rims on the rear. Too bad, I love the look of those rims.

the brake fluid abs leak is sustain-ably annoying. Can live with that. The exhaust manifold is either craked of the gasket is leaking now too... What's bad though, is a fairly catastrophic power steering leak, from basically the entire rack. It's great. It ran dry on my girlfriend when she borrowed the car for 20miles/2hrs.

The worst part of it is, I love the car. I want more 505 turbos... and soon because I want to part this one out rather than fix this admittedly little junk. I need my daily runner as I've got all these broken Citroens...

The amount and the way I drive, I'll probably kill it soon, but I'll be on the lookout for a less sketchy serie I 505 turbo.

so, just saying hey.

cheers, -sean

hey sean

any updates on that 244?

post some pics up of your current state of the 505.

also just wondering if you know of a gold nice CX that i spotted in alameda last week.

Don't know about a gold cx there, but gold wasn't a factory color. I guess there are still some citroen folks under my radar. was it a long one?

well, the pug is pouring fluid under pressure out of the steering box unions quite literally as fast as I can pour it in. So i cut the belt and when I get home it will be parked until I can find a better pug or the part in a yard.

the 244 is for sale, I'm moving to San Francisco and it's one too many. it's running, stopping, driving but too hammered suspension wise to put up with mission st.

free if you bring rollers

600 as is

1100 if I fix all the annoying problems and make it a car again.

tell your friends and neighbors.

I guess it's time I found some dollars and fixed the CX's exhaust. Meanwhile I'll be cruising for 505 power steering info...

-src

l_c84f20cef24fa260bc7af3f42b6f8087.jpg

this is after i traded cigarettes for some mexican guys to pull me out of the mud the other night.

in retrospect i should have just left it stuck there, turns out i need the whole steering rack.

i think i'll buy that 81 505 td on oakland craigslist from the hyper sketchy sounding guy i talked to this afternoon.

edit: i remembered serie I cx's came in gold... i know of one short axle burnt orange metallic one in rocklin... gorgeous neon brown.

• 3 weeks later...