Any E30 Fans out here??

norcal505

So, i'm on r3vlimited.com alot now. I probably wont be keeping this car for too long, and I'll probably sell it to help fund buying a 89 505 Turbo sedan.

Alright, its a 1991 BMW Spec E30 318i with 5spd stick. Its in overall good shape, vinyl is in great condition. Car belonged to my aunt&uncle, who barely drove it, and had to part it out as they just got a 08 335i.

here are some pics i just shot.

I'll probably lower it, and get alpina rims.

post-95-1202086436.jpg

post-95-1202086460.jpg

Hey Rob...

I like them alright... The E30's had really nice build quality - some argue it's the last of the well built BMW's before they had to cut costs to compete against Lexus and Acura... The 318's were a bit on the slow side - but decent for sure. How does it compare against your 83 for power? (Not fair I know - just curious)

I consider it a direct competitor to the 505 back in the day, but given the opportunity to own either I'd take a 505 any day of the week. My buddy had a 325e when I had my 86 505 Turbo and we did some back to back comparisons - and even he liked my car more. The high torque 2.7L in it was pretty fun for scooting around town in - but ran out of breath pretty quick when you wanted to really cane it.

Still a great car though...

Rabin

yeah, i would OF COURSE have preffered a 325i, but beggars arent choosers :).

I can get my hands on a 2.5 but, again, dont know if i really wanna dig into this thing.

This car is in TOP shape, and even still has that new car smell :P

My dream E30 is, and always has been, a bright red e30 m3 coupe. There is a guy in my town who has a same one (as i described), lowered, on BBS LM polished lip/gold face rims, full cage, alpina parts, and its is hot as hell. Of course, those are not in any way cheap :)

but if i decided to keep this one, i'd definately do the engine, exhaust, suspension, Fake LM's, and M3 Front fenders/rear panels. I saw a similar conversion (just on an IC model), where they had done the body coversion, and complete M3 engine. It was like the M3 Convertible (which never REALLY was sold in the states).

well, i'll let time tell, and if i do some subtle mods, how much i can get the car appraised for, and see if i have enough for a nice 505 turbo, and then some, to get some things done to it like a red paint job.

Cane it ?? I like that !! Personally I cat of 9 tails mine on occasion. :)

I'm either dense - or there's missing words in your statement... "I cat of 9 tails mine "?

I think "give it a good caning" was one of the things the brits said that I picked up working with them in 04' at PPIHC. They had tons of good sayings and slang...

Rabin

sad news guys..

the car is no longer in my hands.

traded it for another volvo!

:) its a wwd drive though.

2006 Black on Sand Volvo S60 2.5T Auto-sadness.

It has less than 2k on the clock amazingly!!!

it already has a iPd Computer upgrade, and i'm about to slap on a nice TME Full Exhaust

In Finland we have plnty of e30s! That is the most RWD car among young people. Here's few pictures of my friends e30. I think it's one the nicest e30 I've seen. After he got it ready he sold and started new project. Now he has very fast BMW 635 -82 with big turbo..

post-101-1202804612.jpg

post-101-1202804670.jpg

Holy cow - can't even tell it was an E30! And that looks like a pretty big turbo on that straight 6 - must have been a fast car!

Rob - There's only sadness if you get rid of the Peugeot! E30 is a nice car and all, but it sounds like you did alright with the S60. Now is this the same S60 that was in your sig?

Rabin

yeah, im never going to get rid of my peugeot.

no way, no how. :)

Strangely enough, the S60 i used to have, has found its way back into my hands again.

see, heres the story.

my cousin needed a car desperately, a year or two ago, and since i got the S60 for free, off a grandparent who lost his license to old age, i just gave him the car for free. he used it for less than a month, and just garaged it. its been in there since then. and since i got my hands on the E30, and he said that he always wanted one, i traded him the car for the S60. The S60 is in awesome, immaculate condtion. It has UNDER 2k on the clock. amazing.

Im posting up some pics soon.