50% KVR Performance brake disks...

Bean

Hey guys,

Found this sale last night and bought a set for the 00' V70R... Didn't need them - but at that price you can't go wrong.

KVR Performance

They've got listings for Peugeot's too - just not for the 505 ABS equipped cars...

Rabin

Not a whole lot - car is pretty well done as a "hot rod" stock - so it's exceptionally capable right out of the box.

Only things done so far were some refinished 17" BBS Propus C wheels, and I switched ALL the lubricants used in the car to synthetics... (AMSOIL engine and tranny, Redline for the x-fer case and the diff.) Also had a paint renewal system done on it and the paint looks new now... :lol:

Only thing on the list now is to install a Hertz 8" sub and amp into the spare tire space...

I did up some nice pics recently,

gallery_1868_53_148996.jpg

gallery_1868_53_188848.jpg

gallery_1868_53_156763.jpg

gallery_1868_53_2929.jpg

gallery_1868_53_220863.jpg

gallery_1868_53_215900.jpg

Rabin

Nice R man. I love those rims on the car and your paint looks great. I was looking into a 00' R last month. Had 85k on the clock and was the rare saphire red. The car was rediculously fast and had amazing road grip. Can't decide if I want to go with a 2001 + v70 t5 manual though. I have an 02' S60 AWD and I like the interior better in the current model line, but there is something to be said about the R being able to put the power to the pavement. Anyways, thanks for the heads-up on the brakes. My 505 STI is going to need brakes soon, and I definitely want to up the performance if I can. Thanks again.

Justin

Thanks Justin,

I LOVE my R! That being said - I live in an area with very harsh weather in the winter so the AWD is a must, and at the time I bought this car - the 04+ V70R's were way out of my price range and the Subaru wagons just weren't in the same league as this car...

If you don't need the AWD - then the 01 T5 is probably the way to go as the Haldex system can be "delicate" in the 98 - 00' V70R's... If you want the AWD though - go for the 00' as it has the newer engine, and the 5sp tranny... My car is stupid fast - and handles AWESOME for a wagon.

It's also a colour that was never offered in the states, and is uber rare up here as well...

As for your brake upgrade - go with turbo rotors and use the turbo calipers off a wrecked 505 Turbo for a nice upgrade... Not sure if you need the hubs as well - but the turbo hubs are beefier with a thicker wheel flange.

Rabin

Just wanted to clarify - as nice as the V70R is - it's still a fat family car that isn't nearly as fun to drive at the limit as the 505 turbo... It also doesn't even come close when the road gets rough - BUT the seats are on par with the Peugeot seats - they're DAMN comfy!

So it's the perfect family hauler - but it won't / can't replace the 505 Turbo for pure enjoyment...

Rabin

nice rabin!

ever think about doing the angel eyes or the clean corners?

My family in TN have a 00' V70XC Black on tan. So far it has the clear corners, lowered, TME dual exhaust, rear spoiler, IRON center caps, and theyre thinking of finishing it off with a nice set of 18" Pegs.

They just bought a new LR3 So they have it as an extra along with some other cars.

Theyre thinking of selling it, they offered it to me..but i just usually drive it when I'm down there.

Hey and 86sti, P2 V70T5m's are sweet.

heres one from volvospeed, also a new member of turbobricks

TUCKED!!

DSC_0160Large.jpg

personally, my own P2 was a hell hole though. It was an 02' XC70...which is known to have a piece of shit transmission. Mine was no other. Sold it to my parents, they got a refurb'd tranny from a salvage yard. the car works well-its fast b/c of some ipd upgrades, and its overall fun. the gas pump also wasnt very nice to that car.

BUT thats an XC. Get a P2 T5M or a V70R-M.

I love The p2 R's, theyre just so damn fast. I drove one for a month and I didnt want to give it back :o

Here's ,my current brick a 92 245 TDS wagon which I'm doing a +T on. It's not really that stock, but it has the steelies!

2422627_68_full.jpg

2422627_72_full.jpg

2422627_37_full.jpg

2422627_49_full.jpg