Another 505 From My hometown

Recently, the famous car news site, Jalopnik.com, featured an article on a 505 from my town. One of the editiors of Jalopnik is from my hometown, so I see MANY, MANY cool cars featured on the site, that I see everyday.

The 505 is no other. The car's owner lives nextdoor to my relatives, a mile from me.

The owner also owns a very nice silver 505 Turbo SW8, and a 405. This 505 STI is one I see almost all the time. Once, at a resturant in my town, the owner, who parked next to me, left a note on my windsheild complimenting me on my car, and asked me of where i service it.

Anyways, I live in Alameda, California, and there are quite a few Peugeots left around. Mostly N/A gas's, and mostly all series one's.

So If you happen to read an article on jalopnik.com called "down the street", know its a car that I've probably seen upclose :D .

Jalopnik 505 Article

85Peugeot_Rr_LH.jpg

haha yeah, when I visit family in Indiana, I usually meet people in the diners that dont know what the hell peugeots are...

on the contrary, a bunch of my friends, who are on my rowing team know what they are. one of my friends is argentinan and french, and he loves 505's-but he drives a old audi 5000

also, my coach used to own a 405.

interesting what you can findout by simply driving your car in front of them :D

I read some of the posts... Surprising about the hate some people have for these cars...

I wanted to post how the car's bad reputation had more to do with idiot owners and crappy servicing than the cars themselves - which are still ahead of their time - but it seemed like a bitch to register... :) (Plus nothing I say will change their impression...)

Every neglected car that I've bought has been dead reliable - and I drive them HARD...

Rabin

Guest adegnes

"Pretty cool-looking wheels on this car. What do you want to bet the bolt pattern uses, some totally oddball proprietary spacing? I'm surprised the lugnuts aren't heptagons, requiring a special 7-sided wrench."

that's kind of funny though... when you go 4x140, why not use heptagon lugnuts too... I bet peugeot thought of that, but went with ordinarry nuts due to expenses :)