O2 Sensor wires

N9TE

Hey all,

I'm putting a new Bosch 13953 3 wire universal O2 sensor into my 87 turbo S. This was the unit Joe Grubbs recommended on Peugeot-L. It's application is a 1988 302 Ford Bronco.

I pulled the old one (looks like the original one!) and am getting ready to splice the wires.

I understand that the two white ones are for the pre-heater. Are they coded in any way or can they be attached either way as long as it's the two white ones that are paired and the black is with black?

Thanks much,

Koll

Hey all,

I'm putting a new Bosch 13953 3 wire universal O2 sensor into my 87 turbo S. This was the unit Joe Grubbs recommended on Peugeot-L. It's application is a 1988 302 Ford Bronco.

I pulled the old one (looks like the original one!) and am getting ready to splice the wires.

I understand that the two white ones are for the pre-heater. Are they coded in any way or can they be attached either way as long as it's the two white ones that are paired and the black is with black?

Thanks much,

Koll

i really don't think it matters. i've changed a few with the 302 units like grubbs recommended and it works great (not paying attention to the white wire combo).

i really don't think it matters. i've changed a few with the 302 units like grubbs recommended and it works great (not paying attention to the white wire combo).

Ya, I just got some information from the Bosch site (really, I'm not joking!) and there was this PDF that went into O2 sensor basics. There was a specific note that the heater element isn't polarized and you only have to concern yourself about connecting the white wires together.

Thanks for the note though.