Something Fishy Is Going On...

How come there have been so many New Peugeot Spottings In the US Recently??!!!

I really want to go and pay a visit to Peugeot H.Q. in New Jersey when I'm on vacation in NY this Thanksgiving.

I wanna go totally "Spy Photographer" on their ass and see what the hell they're doing.

..and get some parts for the 505. :D:lol:

Enjoy the Pics...(comments, anyone?)

btw.. here's a link of a bird-eye's view of Peugeot HQ in NJ

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...7301,-74.198946

P1040860.jpg

P1040858.jpg

P1040857.jpg

P1040856.jpg

p307-1.jpg

p307-3.jpg

140407_1713-vi.jpg

140407_1711-vi.jpg

peugeot_407_brooklyn.jpg

thumb1280x1280_501122660_edaef3eb72.jpg

Photo_051806_002.jpg

...I've heard of TONS and TONS of other sightings, just no pics...

• 4 months later...

Whatever that silver coupe was, I like it.

The 206 was at the French Italian Car show from last year. He lives here but buys and registers his cars in Mexico.

hey victor!

yeah, i heard about that car on Vwvortex and thought it was pretty cool!

do you know what other cars that guy owns?

Also, yeah those 407coupes are pretty sharp

i would totally drive one.

i know of a person in vancouver who owns a 406 coupe and a 407 coupe. that guy probably imported them through a lupole that is the same way how SO MANY people in canada import newer JDM cars and stuff like Renaults and Citroens...

lucky canadians...

all pretty common sightings over here chaps :blink:

red one is a 407 sw, full glass roof! B)

black one is a facelifted 307, circa 2005 on. looks very euro spec at the front.

silver coupe is a 407, im not sure whether it will be a 3.0 24v v6 or a 2.7 twin turbo diesel. very rare over here. B)

the multivan/mpv is an 807. they have twin sliding electric doors. my boss has one, there very nice to drive. B)

the black one is a 607. never sold very well over here.

silver 206 is ultra common over here. that has the full sp kit on it, but it desperately needs to be lowered <_<

black 407 saloon, again, looks very euro to me.

the last one is a 309. pig ugly but in gti form, bloody cracking! B)

i'm pretty sure there was talk of pug going back the states. it wouldnt surprise me if there all doing development tests on the roads around you. whatever it is its very encouraging!

mike

Guest fitoiro

More Sighting Pics Found Recently!!!

These are all somewhat recent...

290198451_c797c85a55.jpg

206 in Socal (from Mexico)

peugeot407spottedinnjdec20072.jpg

peugeot407spottedinnjdec2007.jpg

this is from august to my knowledge, a 407 spotted in NJ.

..and then heres a old pic...

Peugeot309rear.jpg

i noticed on your email, you list two renault cup cars, could you tell what they are? i have several 2 liter gta"s. some r 5"s. i aldo have some peugeot v6 and turbo wagons. thanks, manny

i noticed on your email, you list two renault cup cars, could you tell what they are? i have several 2 liter gta"s. some r 5"s. i aldo have some peugeot v6 and turbo wagons. thanks, manny

Well, It's beens discussed and pictured before, however as you may be aware Renault had a racing series in Europe where everybody had the same car (called a "Mark Series). Anyway they did it in the USA back in 1983 -1985 using the R9 (I thinK) AMC/Jeep/Renault Alliance back when Chrysler and Renault had ...............well........ ah............an alliance. It was (and still is) the most talked about racing series in IMSA history. With 56 HP the drivers in the field included now some fairly well known names"

Parker Johnson (IndyCars & TV Color Comentator)

AndyPilgrem (Cadillac CTS)

Lancer Stewart

Me !!! (a legend)

Herb Adams (Trans Am)

Mitch Wright (SCCA Official)

John Norris (big fish in a small pond)

When the series started the East Coast had raced the R5. When the Alliance was introduced in 1983 a racing series was announced where the East Coast would race identically prepared Encore's and the West Coast would race the Alliance. Problem was that, because of emission requirements the West Coast Alliances had to have the same throttle body fuel injected engines as the East Coast. Therefore, hand certified for California emissions, were about 55 base Alliances that were 5/speed & Tachometered. In other words, purpose built factory race cars direct from Wisconsin.

August is taking one to use too get his SCCA license with. Would you like to have one also to add to your collection??

Victor; how much are you asking for either of those Renaults ? I might be in Cali this summer.

I've spent $1500 just trying to get it driveable and smogged. All to no avail as it ate a small nut down the throttlebody. The engine was idling at the time but stopped. It has not been turned over since. I do not know what the extent of damage is. Sad, really as the car's engine is still sealed shut by the officials that organized the Renault Cup. This car was not my race car (I sold mine) and it got damaged in the right rear 1/4 (repaired to race car spec) at some point during it's racing career. All that being said, it has a straight chassis and was/is the fastest car in Black Canyon (remined me to tell you that story)

Anyway, I'd be happy to transfer the car to you, Manny. Donations happily accepted.

• 2 months later...