505 N9TE cooling, slight mod

Guest the505inme

Guest the505inme

My electo magnetic main fan failed, so I removed it and the shroud since it was useless anyways. Over the winter there was never a heating issue, and in traffic the dual electric fans cycle properly. Summer is coming, and my plan is to remove the ac guts, and move the dual electric fan to the front of the rad.

Are the factory dual electric fans enough to cool the motor for the summer, seeing as I plan to remove the ac? I had the rad rebuilt and they added an extra core, just last year.

keep in mind the dual electric AC fans are only on automatics, the manual transmission cars only have a single fan. (at least on US models)

that said, dual fans should be fine, yes. I've run dual fan's in summertime (100deg outside) and the car was ok, even in some stop and go traffic. they did kick into high occasionally, but they did manage to keep things under control.

Guest the505inme

Models with air conditioning have two additional electric fans in addition to the mechanical fan, I think... I've never seen pictures of this setup, maybe someone could post some pictures or links?

I'll post pictures later, they are actually quite nice and sound good too! My idea is to also install a swich so I can turn them on before a steep incline during the summer months, and reduce heat soak on shut down. Maybe I'll put a timer on it......

• 1 month later...

I recently installed a switch on mine works great especially in stop and go,

(when your cruisin downtown) im thinking of removing the thermostat itself because i dont plan on driving the car during the winter season, plus i have removed all heater controls to make room for the recently installed indash 7 inch monitor, with my PS2 on the side and soon enough will be removing the vents themselves to make room for some more customization!!!