Turbo "Gl-Edition"???

Hey everyone!

Today I was at the First Leg of the Tour of California Bike Race in San Francisco, CA, and I saw a 505. It's funny, because it's similar to mine :D . But, There was a few differences. First, it was a later model 505, with the generation 2 dash. Plus, It was a Turbo Model. But the weird thing, is that it had a emeblem on the side front fenders saying "GL-EDITION". This sucks, but right after the first picture, my camera's battery ran out of juice. :( . This car looked in bad condition. It didn't have any plates on it, and it looked like it was abandoned. Whoever owned it, needs to get their act together. The car also has a big dent in the right rear door. It also had a spare tire on. This car would be a great parts car though, if I could find the owner.

Can I have some info on the "Gl-Edition", if anyones familiar with USA-Market Peugeots????

post-95-1171856721.jpg

Can I have some info on the "Gl-Edition", if anyones familiar with USA-Market Peugeots????

That car appears to be equipped just like Red. i.e. manual windows & no sunroof. As Red was originally white before it was painted red for the V6 commercial, I don't know if it ever said GL-Edition on the side. Except the headlights are wrong on this car (Or maybe it's an earlier car with later model side mirrors). I was once told that Red was a Liberte but I've seen other and they're not the same.

I will be at the Long Beach end of the Tour of California at Navigators hospitality area (and the dinner after).

Will you?

Thx

Sorry, I'm following it until stockton. I was there yesterday, (SF), today,(sausalito-santa rosa), and i'll be there tomarrow (san jose-stockton). Maybe the next leg as well.

Do you bike?

I downhill, freeride, and also road as well. I have a Santa Cruz VP Free, a Ironhorse Yakuza Chimpira, and a LOOK road racing bike.

I was riding in a Pit car a lil bit.

Do you bike?

I downhill, freeride, and also road as well. I have a Santa Cruz VP Free, a Ironhorse Yakuza Chimpira, and a LOOK road racing bike.

I X-country Mountain bike. Bought a Schwinn 4-Banger HomeGrownn (read Yeti) back in December of '98. I ride twice a week in a very high technical type area (Rocky Peak, Cheseboro, Backbone).

However, I have a road bike I keep in Miami, Florida. That's where I met the guy who owns Navigator Insurance and the sponsor of the Navigator Road Bike Racing Team and that's where I got the VIP passes for Long Beach. :(

cool

i didn't know that they're any other bike enthusiasts that own Peugeots!!lol

what model peugeot(s) do you have?

Right now I'm In a bad state..

I was at a local skate park today, and I busted my fork doing a endo-barspin

i got like 7 feet of air, but I landed too hard on the front

I cracked my fork..:(

its a bad day.An

And i cant ride my Look or Santacruz b/c (the santacruz is still curently a frame w. rear shock, and the Look need

cool

i didn't know that they're any other bike enthusiasts that own Peugeots!!lol

Peugeot has made bicycles since before they built cars so to me, it's natural.

go to http://www.505turbo.com/ and click on the 12/03/06 regarding Victor Van Tress. That's me and that's my car, named Red. :(

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Wow. About a month ago I downloaded the video of your SCCA exploits. I was floored.

Lke everybody else here, I'm also eager to learn the dirty details of PSA's inner workings back when they were still a (small) player in the US market.

First question is: why didn't you campaign again in an 88 or 89 turbo 505? Wouldn't such a car be even more competitive or had the car been reclassified? A N9TEA with ABS in your hands could crossed quite a few checkered flags I would guess.

I can understand why any sane person wouldn't. I can only imagine how grueling it would be to run from town to town racing for two years solid. I don't know who the bigger stud is, your car or you. :(

I followed (online) Andi Barachi's MKIV Supra do One Lap and that seemed like a nightmare. Ever get thrown in jail for gong 3 MPH over in Ohio?

Ramble on all you want. You're the best thing to happen to us since Peugeot Pete!

Koll

Seattle

post-62-1172387366.jpg

[quote name='N9TE'

First question is: why didn't you campaign again in an 88 or 89 turbo 505? Wouldn't such a car be even more competitive or had the car been reclassified? A N9TEA with ABS in your hands could crossed quite a few checkered flags I would guess.

Yes, that all makes sense, Victor. Perhaps the 89 would have been a neat car, but they (all 14 of them?) all came with ABS. Ever get a chance to drive a Torsen car?

Rumor on the Peugeot-L list is that the ABS cars (mine) can be fitted with a LSD and it won't adversely effect the braking. I guess Peugeot was taking the conservative route. Do you know if they put the Torsen in automatic cars? I'm figuring what my odds are of actually getting my hands on a Torsen unit!

Yes, that all makes sense, Victor. Perhaps the 89 would have been a neat car, but they (all 14 of them?) all came with ABS. Ever get a chance to drive a Torsen car?

Rumor on the Peugeot-L list is that the ABS cars (mine) can be fitted with a LSD and it won't adversely effect the braking. I guess Peugeot was taking the conservative route. Do you know if they put the Torsen in automatic cars? I'm figuring what my odds are of actually getting my hands on a Torsen unit!

As I remember it there was a fundamental argument between the diff and the ABS. Early development tests revealed that the Peugeot ABS would not stop on ice AT ALL. I'm not sure that this phenonom was the reason for non-LSDs but it may have been the reason for the Torsen as all the '89's came with both.

I've wondered what it would be like to have the torsen. As I understand it, the torsen puts the power to the outside wheel and locks up 100% when the wheel spins. The problem with that is again the turn into corners. The Torsen would power out understeering where the LSD powers out oversteering (more fun) .

glad to meet such a peugeot legend!! :)

I have a red one too!!

do you have anyother 505's??

whadya think of my 505??

Looks pretty sharp. 200 hp Turbo V6 ? Did I read that right? wow. I'm happy to see it. Peugeots generally looked so unloved, it's great to see them well cared for.

oh, you don't know how much I care. My dad's tried getting rid of it so many times when I was younger, but my love of the car, pushed me into telling the potential buyers that the sale was off...lol...I liked that car back then:)

......But...It's still a work in progress..I expect to be working on it until 2015, by then I'll be slowly, but steadly, adding more and more mods.