Maybe the coolest car ever built...?

Guest adegnes

insane!

Opel manta turbo and compressor

something to aim at concerning modifications on the 505...?

This car is well known in Denmark (though it is sweedish build.... using a VOLVO engine... damn!!).. and one have to respect the level of craftmanship that has gone into this build..

I think many guys about my age (30) has a soft spot for opel Mantas, ford capris and the likes... (i myself had a manta :)... but i think its a shame to fit such spoilers, styling etc to a "classic" like a Manta A'series..

That's nicely build but somehow I like nearly as it was (small updates allowed). So at it can be returned in original if needed/wanted.

This is my :) New wheels coming, bigger brakes, 2.2L "adjusted" engine with 45mm double solex carbs

and Qualife straight teeth gear with LSD rear.

Manta02.JPG

V-M

That's my "baby" I have building it from -85 that means 2 times total -> to pieces. 1'st was in -87 and last was -03 and -04 so a lot of money and tears have put there.

And my baby girl (6 years old) sayed at "this is mine when I'm bigger" and my baby boy (4years old) was looking her badly :) when we were taking short test drive.

That car is still best car to drive in slippery conditions, easy to handle and no supricess at all when grip looses.

And it was funny to see people reactions when I was using this living in Belgium Brussel and travelling every weekend to Holland (Den HaaG).... Racing with Porsches and Lambos etc... of cause they "run me over" but they were good sport's and play with me all the way :) But some I did suprice when I was driving over 200km/h with this "peace of old shit" and taking over with loud noise. 2.5" exhaust and 2L engine (bit tuned).

V-M

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adegnes

Not compareable...

The manta is pure racing.

(And all the custom, homemade part's... sweeeet!)

The Mercedes and BMW is kind of big buck, "show off" cars...

but hey, thats only my point of view... :(

Not compareable...

The manta is pure racing.

(And all the custom, homemade part's... sweeeet!)

The Mercedes and BMW is kind of big buck, "show off" cars...

but hey, thats only my point of view... :(

I agree..

There is something special about a car that a guy has made/designed/put together himself.. not just bought

Well, I guess your right. To be honest with you, I would grow board with a 700. I think one of the "best" cars ever built would be a Volvo 850 T5-R Yellow Edition w. over $30,000 in mods. That, my friend, is my ultimate dream car/project car. I plan on buying a yellow t5-r in a year or two.