Camshaft, valvesprings etc.

Peder

Hi, does anyone have any data on the valvesprings tension? If one can increase the rpm-limit to about 6,5k rpm without problem.

What about the cam, how does it react on higher rpm:s? Would like to have the power/torquecurve moved up a bit, (gonna use a pretty large turbo) hows the Danicams in that rpmrange? Or is it someone else who has a better cam? Would like to get hold of a good cam, someone here who knows where(I think Poli are quite expensive...)?

//Peder

Hi, does anyone have any data on the valvesprings tension? If one can increase the rpm-limit to about 6,5k rpm without problem.

What about the cam, how does it react on higher rpm:s? Would like to have the power/torquecurve moved up a bit, (gonna use a pretty large turbo) hows the Danicams in that rpmrange? Or is it someone else who has a better cam? Would like to get hold of a good cam, someone here who knows where(I think Poli are quite expensive...)?

//Peder

the danielson cam profile will move the power up quite a bit, so i'd suggest starting out with that.

also check this link, i think there's some valvetrain/spring info here:

http://www.505turbo.com/86505/blog/archive...-head-work.html

best of luck, let us know what you end up doing... :)

the danielson cam profile will move the power up quite a bit, so i'd suggest starting out with that.

also check this link, i think there's some valvetrain/spring info here:

http://www.505turbo.com/86505/blog/archive...-head-work.html

best of luck, let us know what you end up doing... :)

Thanks, are the data in pounds and inches or kg and cm?

//Peder

I understand that i must be pounds, but it seems strange if they were to use inches in the case of measuring spring tension fully open at 1,1inch (one must allways measure at the true liftheight), but it also seems strange that the coils are binding already before maximum lift?!

//Peder