Non ABS vs. ABS brake master

Guest adegnes

Guest adegnes

Is the ABS and the non ABS brake master cylinder intercangeable?

As I'm doing a clean up in my car's wire harness, And don't realy need an ABS system, it would be nice if could get ridd of it... throwing out the vario powersteering too...

• 2 weeks later...

Is the ABS and the non ABS brake master cylinder intercangeable?

As I'm doing a clean up in my car's wire harness, And don't realy need an ABS system, it would be nice if could get ridd of it... throwing out the vario powersteering too...

I don't think there is any interchangability between the ABS and non-ABS systems. I think you've got to swap out pretty much the entire system. That and the front suspension is substantially different on the ABS cars. So, things like wheel bearings and rotors will still be on the outrageous side.

However, I think the admin here has successfully ditched (or worked-around) his ABS system. He'll no doubt let you know.

If you (or anyone else) wants to get rid of their ABS stuff, let me know. I'm keeping mine as long as I can.

Guest adegnes

I've removed all the wiring. Maybe if I apply voltage to the motor only (make a switch), I could get it working as a normal brake master...

You think this'll work?

Is the pump running constantly? If it is, there should be no problem doing it this way... hmmm...

The pump is not supposed to run constantly. You'll burn it out in no time if that's the case. It is meant to cycle.

If you've removed all the wiring, I'd just see about putting a standard non-abs master cylinder in there. You'll probably need a donor car that can supply the vacuum booster, etc.

Guest adegnes

The pump is not supposed to run constantly. You'll burn it out in no time if that's the case. It is meant to cycle.

If you've removed all the wiring, I'd just see about putting a standard non-abs master cylinder in there. You'll probably need a donor car that can supply the vacuum booster, etc.

yepp, think thats the only sollution...