1978 504 Diesel Automatic 37,867 mi.

rusma

Project car with good bones.

This 1978 Peugeot 504 Diesel has been in my family since new. It has 37,867 actual miles. It has been either garaged or covered so the interior isn't sun damaged. The leather/leatherette seats are supple with no rips or tears. All the carpets and door panels are in good shape.

The engine turns over but I haven't started it in 7-8 years. I pulled the glow plugs and put Mystery Oil in the cylinders to make sure it turns over. It ran and drove when I parked it. I might drop a battery in it to see if it starts in the next few days. All the hoses are intact.

The body is clean with minimal rust except for a spot at the top of the windshield and behind the left front wheel. Doors and latches work but are stiff. Hood release was difficult to open the hood but I finally got it open. The hood latches and cables need cleaning and lubrication. It had a minor collision in the front when someone backed into it that has been repaired. 

I have pretty much all the parts. Body side moulding on the right needs new clips.

I'll add more detail and pictures in a subsequent post if anyone on the forum is interested. And I'd appreciate if anyone has any guidance about a fair price.

The car is in San Diego, CA.

Hi Rusma - there’s not enough info to go on for value, and usually the more unknowns, the more risk the buyer assumes which means lower offers.

Lots of pictures and details will only help your sale.

Rabin

Hi Rabin,

Here are some pictures of the car. The hood is not closed because the latch and cable are sticky and it was kind of hard to open last time. The last photos are of the rust spots. The metal in the rust spot behind the left front wheel does not appear to be rusted through, but the rust is pretty deep. The darker area on the right rear quarter panel is just a shadow; it is intact with no dent. I don't have the trunk liner. If anyone wants more detailed photos or more information, please let me know.

Thank you.

IMG_3827.thumb.jpeg.e2fbf49d626bf5223fbfa367405c3778.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

IMG_3831.jpeg

IMG_3837.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg