505 STX Fuel Pump

Working with my '87 505 STX today after sitting several months and  discovered the fuel pump under the vehicle in front of the driver rear wheel is not running.  I also could not read any voltage on the wires.

The fuse behind the change box is good, and the relay in front of the passenger side firewall is clicking when turning the ignition switch on and off but I did not have time to check anything else.

Any ideas as to why I would not have power at the pump??  I plan to supply direct power with the switch off to make sure the pump works but then need to find the problem in the vehicle.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks for the info, I cannot yet tell which relay I am checking.  I think its the fuel pump relay, are you familiar with the two relay locations? I hope its safe enough to hook up a new pump that just arrived and hope I really do not have an electrical problem.  Only guess would be a bad pump has damaged a relay if an electrical issue is there.

Thanks again.

I think V6 had different relay location than the other models... Im thinking above the fusebox behind the driver side strut top. Probably a few there, hard to say which is the relay for the fuel pump, just make sure they all work I guess.