San Jose Grand Prix

Trevor

Did anybody attend? I did. I have loads of pictures and videos that i will try to post soon. The track was a bit of a joke but the event was fun, and the cars were amazing as expected. You really do get pretty close to the action at the road courses.

Please post pics. I would have loved to attend but couldn't make it this time. I understand a 10 year contract has been signed, so I guess there'll be more opportunities in the future. Perhaps we can make a Peugeot meet in the future and attend the race in one weekend....hows about that?

Sweet - I was at the Edmonton Grand Prix!

It was pretty cool. Great track - 90000 people on race day! I believe Edmonton broke the Champ car attendance record as well as day 1 practice attendance records.

We had the "cheap" seats, but the best racing was on the section in front of us - very cool indeed.

Once our car club site gets moved I'll be posting pics as well so I'll keep you guys updated on when they go up.

As an aside, 505T - you and I have visually the same car. Check out White 505turbo pics

http://www.505turbo.com/snax/gallery/

There are the galleries of all 3 days. The videos are in Divx format so you'll need the DivX codec to view them. They are mostly just short clips of the cars going by, with sound of course :)

The race was not too horrible for a first-annual. The track wasn't very good for the drivers.. there was literally no passing, and some random chicane was added on the SECOND day in the middle of the straight. There were huge bumps over the light rail tracks on the straightaway which had to hurt. The fast lane through the random chicane was well.. OVER it of course, which looked pretty brutal as well. There weren't enough bridge crossings for onlookers, or areas with a good view...

Anyway, that's all the bad stuff, the good is obvious... champ cars flying by at 170+ mph less than 20 feet away from you. The sound was just incredible.... Its really neat to be so close to those things, you can't get that feeling at most racetracks.

• 3 weeks later...
Sweet - I was at the Edmonton Grand Prix!

It was pretty cool.  Great track - 90000 people on race day!  I believe Edmonton broke the Champ car attendance record as well as day 1 practice attendance records.

We had the "cheap" seats, but the best racing was on the section in front of us - very cool indeed.

Once our car club site gets moved I'll be posting pics as well so I'll keep you guys updated on when they go up.

As an aside, 505T - you and I have visually the same car.  Check out White 505turbo pics

Sweet Ride Bean. Hopefully I can ressurect mine and get started on intensive mods...tastefully done of course.