'91 N9TEA SW8 and Fuel Starvation

Hello,

Three times within the last week on on-ramps or rotaries, twice CW, once CCW, and while driving the car to the limits of adhesion, I emerged from the ramp/rotary with a split second of no power/fuel. The tank, in all instances, was at least 1/3 full.

Has anyone else experienced this frightening feeling?

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks for any tips.

Bill

hmmm, in my experience, when the in tank pre-pump's are on their way out, you can get the car to run out of gas momentairly while going around a corner.

I've had some pre-pumps where the car will literally run out RIGHT when the light comes on, and others where you can drive with the light on for a good 50 miles..

not sure if the pre-pump setup is the same for the wagons though..

hmmm, in my experience, when the in tank pre-pump's are on their way out, you can get the car to run out of gas momentairly while going around a corner.

I think we may be of the same mind on this one. I am going to try a full tank of gas and see how the car operates. In the interim, I'll be looking for a "scavenger" pump.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're looking for a scavenger pump I've read in the peugeot list that a pump from an Saab 9000i and 900i should fit directly, I think it was V-M that posted it so maybe he could confirm this?

It's highly probable that many are interchangeable, and, from what I've seen, many genuine Peugeot parts may be bought with the Bosch number for a fraction of the cost.

I have used saab primary pump's. Same in 900 and 9000 bosch systems. I have also used secondary pumps from saab same models (actually any injection system pump will do). When needing more fuel flow thats differen but also then jus see bosch (or other brand) high flow pumps. Usually length of fump will tell how high flow it has (just for comparison) :)

V-M