ALMS - Road America

Bean

ALMS pics

These are some of the pictures from my weekend. Still have another roll in my camera (Yep - still shoot old skool film!) so once that's done I'll add a few more shots. There's also a nested album of some quad'ing fun we had. Total blast.

Weekend was AWESOME and I had a blast checking out Polaris R&D facility, as well as the time I got to spend in the Pratt and Miller areas... :mellow: It sure is sweet getting to see the cars up close!

I've always respected the corvette's - but it was taken to a new level seeing the Pratt and Miller cars. They sounded AWESOME - much better than any of the other cars - including the Ferrari's!

My last day there was spent riding my buddies Ducati 900ME (Rare Mike Hailwood replica) - sadly no pictures since I didn't want to carry anything. It's got a full carbon fibre body kit on it and it's STUNNING.

Rabin.

The Austin Martins were the most visually beautiful cars on the field - simply stunning.

Hopefully they stick around and get some more development. The Vette's are heavily penalized since they completely dominate GT1 (Air restricter sized down, and lots of weight) - the P&M guys are probably one of the most technically advanced teams on the circuit - so they just keep finding ways to beat Austin Martin.

Right now the only two teams are the Austin Martins (Prodrive) and the Vette's - Saleen took his super car out to one race and got smoked badly by both teams.

Rabin

I remember the Top Gear with the Aston Martin DBR9 if I recall correctly. The sound is absolutely wicked!

yeah wicked no doubt, fun watching the stig drive it, he looks "in place" for once :D

...didn't sound as good as the koenigsegg CCX with the 'improved' rear wing though. that has to be the best sounding v8 i've *ever* heard. :huh: