Peugeot 550

Guest CATALIN505

• 8 months later...

wow, and this car has euro lights??

After close inspection it doesn't have euro lights I think. They are rare indeed but in France at least was a kit available, designed bij Gruau, to transform your own Break to a pick-up. I know a guy who has two of them (see pictures), but I have never seen another anywhere.

505pickup.jpg

pickup2.jpg

bidouille1.jpg

They are rare indeed but in France at least was a kit available, designed bij Gruau, to transform your own Break to a pick-up.

I have an original "Gruau constructeur" press pack (dated 28.09.1984). It has two 505 photos, 2 drawings and an information page (and of course pictures of their other models too). I'll scan it later...

• 6 years later...

Okay, I know I'm necro-threading this one, but... That's my Supermotors account :) I found that one in a Sun Valley, CA junkyard years ago, and had to document it.

With the exception of the plastic sheet acting as a rear window, it was actually pretty well done. The wood would have been a lot better had the owners bothered to keep it treated, but it was at least reasonably well-assembled. No idea what the body cuts under the wood were like, but it was at least an interesting modification.

Oh, and to clarify the question re: Euro lights: it definitely didn't have them - if it had, I would have taken them...

^ Haha. Thanks, you gave me a good laugh at my 14 year old self.

From a time before I didn't have a driver's license and used to joyride my [dad's] Peugeot.

Ironically, some 4 + years ago, I did in fact snag a pair of European lights for my Peugeot, but still haven't installed them to this day.

Coincidentally visiting home for the holidays at the moment and typing from my childhood bed.

Quite the throwback Thursday indeed!

Sina