Well that's funny... [cylinder head needed]

Guest OB6D

Howdies,

Just read Toni's story about the worn camshaft lobe on the exhaust side of cylinder 3. And i was thinking that's odd. Odd because i just took the head of my engine, it has a crack in it. At the exhaust side near the valve of cylinder 3. So i took the head of my spare engine to replace the other. And as i was cleaning it i noticed something. A crack, at the exhaust valve of cylinder 3, exact same spot. For crying out loud. So if anybody has a cylinder head to spare [with no cracks] drop me a note, cuz i'm running out of parts...

Howdies,

Just read Toni's story about the worn camshaft lobe on the exhaust side of cylinder 3. And i was thinking that's odd. Odd because i just took the head of my engine, it has a crack in it. At the exhaust side near the valve of cylinder 3. So i took the head of my spare engine to replace the other. And as i was cleaning it i noticed something. A crack, at the exhaust valve of cylinder 3, exact same spot. For crying out loud. So if anybody has a cylinder head to spare [with no cracks] drop me a note, cuz i'm running out of parts...

maybe its time for a danielson head from politecnic :mellow:

maybe its time for a danielson head from politecnic :D

Or ask from me :mellow: I can sell grinded cam, slach caps, new rocker set in same price as dani factory cam.

or this special cam with more lift for it.

I did make dani head for myself it costed ~500e to make it (work costs)

I'm not so confident about this plug placement effect for gaining power (at least much) but off cause it has some

effect in high revs and cleaner flow in head during fire.

V-M

I'm listening...

I dono much about Dani. But now that it's apart anyways. Yes, making it faster is one of my interests. This could be the perfect time. Reliability is my main concern though. Don't want to spend the rest of my life working on the car. I want to burn rubber.

I've been wondering what would happen if one would place the camshaft oh a Murena S in the head. This with other carbs does add 20 horsepower to an as good as the same engine when it's aspirating normally. Making it 140 horsepower. I guess i have the 160 HP version, since it sure didn't feel nowhere near 180. So i figured 140 HP + boost could easely be 200 HP. Have no idea how the Dani cam would relate to the Murena S one. I do know though that where i asked price for a regrind to Murena S cam was rather exhorbitant.

I've come across the timings somewhere though, maybe i can find em again.

But eeuhm, long story short V-M i'd say make me an offer i can't refuse.

Found Murena can timing here:

http://www.technikhomepage.de/kfz/motor/zylkopf1.html

In case it don't work Murena S:

Inlet open 27º before TDC

Inlet close 72º after BDC

Outlet open 69º30' before BDC

Outlet close 29º30' after TDC

For the stock Murena Cam:

Inlet open 19º12' before TDC

Inlet close 56º48' after BDC

Outlet open 54º48' before BDC

Outlet close 13º12' after TDC

So what does a Dani do?

details in this thread: http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14

Values from Politecnic:

Danielson camshaft 200 cv
Open of the cams : 7,45 mm
Total Inlet time open : 278°
Total exhaust time open : 289°
croisement : 45°

Diagram :
AOA : 21°
RFA : 77°
AOE : 85°
RFE : 24°

-------------------------------------------------------------------

n9*** INT EXTH

Stock: 19°34"+56°24" 55°10"+12°50"
Dani: 21°+77° 85°+8°

Chrysler 1.6GT/1.8 15°+53° 52°12"+15°48"
Chrysler 1.8 13°46"+54°14" 50°88"+17°02"
Chrysler 2.0 14°46"+61°14" 58°56"+17°14"

Different timing, pretty much the same opening, Murena S cam compared to Dani. Interesting.

And standard Murena cam is pretty much the same as standard N9Txx cam. Well who knew. Great.

Thanks guys.

• 8 months later...
Guest OB6D

Looking at this again, discovered a typo:

Dani: 21°+77° 85°+8° <-- 8º=24º

I wanna try another cam, can't shake the thought from my tree. Dono how or what yet, nor where from.