Vaccum for bake assist on N9te

krede

Just wondering... How is vaccum supplied to the brakes on a N9te ? is it fitted with a non return valve and run as a normal engine ? or does it make use of a vaccum pump?

I am building a n9te for my murena, which has a vaccum tank for bakes and pop up headlights, but I dont have any info on the brake system on the 505 turbo

Hi Krede,

There is a vacuum pipe under the intake where the cold start injector is. Brake vacuum hose attaches the pipe to the brake booster via a one way valve.

If you need a picture let me know.

Rabin

Definitely no pump needed on a stock N9Txx motor, but it definitely needs the one way valve between it and the brake booster.

Total aside - but I'd LOVE to have a N9Txx swapped Murena some day...

Rabin

The murena is an interresting car for sure, and is doesn't suffer much from rust as most other 35 old cars does... but I think that if you want to go fast you shoud stick to the peugeot turbo, because enven though the lable on the can says mid "engined" most of the weight is on the rearwheels which makes fast turns scary as hell :)... (official numbers are 40/60 , but I suspect it is more like 30/70)