WTB 505 rims or simular

sonicpops

Hi Brain, thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a beautiful 88 Subaru DL with 24,000 miles. I'm in California. I've seen pictures on Google images of different peugeot rims, some looking very retro French .. Would it be possible to see pictures? If there is a choice, I'd love to find something that is really unique looking in some way.. Would you have the lug nuts for the alloys and the steel? I hope I'm not to far away....

I'm at 310 819 5146

[email protected]

sonic -- there are three types of factory alloy wheels that were available on the 505s. all of them have 25mm offset, and all of them should fit your subie.

early -- 14x5.5, sometimes called "amil" wheels since that is the name of the company that made them, cast onto the inside of the rims:

amils_zpse2f0fb40.jpg

later -- these were 15x6, and also came in TRX sizes (but you don't want TRX, since the replacement tires are very expensive):

505alloys_zps90845001.jpg

abs wheels -- these wheels were created for the ABS-equipped 505s (late turbos and the v6 cars) since the brake rotor assemblies needed more backside clearance than the standard alloys provided. also 15x6. you can put these wheels on any 505, but abs-equipped cars require them because of the clearance issue:

505alloysabs_zps92b60214.jpg

the plastic centers on the abs alloys are removeable, and the wheels look pretty good without them which is good since the centers are somewhat hard to find in good condition:

505alloysabs2_zps77e8ca81.jpg

i'm guessing that brian has varying quantities of all three, it's just a matter of size, condition & price. there were very few aftermarket alloy wheels for the 505, they are very rare in europe and virtually nonexistent in north america.

i imagine that brian can ship these, he sent me a 505 dash last year in a huge box. it might be expensive to ship a complete set of wheels, though, shipping costs have gone up a lot in the last few years...

andré

​I have a full set of 15" wheels with good tires that will be available within the next month after I haul my '86 sedan to the crusher. Just like the middle ones Brian posted. Nice shape overall with a full set of lug nuts. Shipping to the west coast from Arlington, Virginia might be pricey, though. But let me know if you're interested.

GkpIUJj.jpg