Turbo exhaust stainless-steel o-ring

Hi Everybody,

I'm a newbe on this forum though I drive my 1985 Turbo for 9 years now.

Reading this forum I'm in awe about the huge amount of knowledge and experience.

Having said that, can anyone tell me if the stainless-steel o-ring that fits between the turbo charger and the exhaust manifold has a useable replacement?

The Peugeot code is 0374.02.

For a brief moment I was thinking about a thin sheet of brass, but its melting point may be far too low.

Suggestions are welcome.

Matthew

I'm not sure you even use a gasket there....

I thought it was just a flange joint - and if memory serves - I've never run anything there except some high heat anti-seize - never had a problem with leaks either - course my car is an 86 so the 85 might have a different flange - that sounds a little familiar...

As for materials - Subaru's just use thin metal gaskets, I'm sure you could use some stainless sheet steel cut to your pattern should you need to.

Rabin

Man - I gotta read more thoroughly!

I had it my head that you were talking about the turbo to downpipe connection - my apologies.

I've only had one turbo apart from the manifold and I just reused the exisiting gasket with no issues. Not sure what you could use instead - maybe a steel turbo gasket from another car that could be modified?

Best luck might be to take it to a muffler shop to see what they can suggest - they see so many systems they might recall something that will work for you...

Rabin

Guest the505inme

All,

Thanks for the responses.

I agree that reuse is the best possible option...

Whoever re/re er my cyl head before me left one out, so I only had three. I went to the local auto parts store, and bought a length of stainless steel exuast pipe, and cut what I needed. It was not the same quality as the Peugeot ones, but it was the exact same diameter.

The Peug ones look like they could last forever ( as long os you don't loose them) :(

Whoever re/re er my cyl head before me left one out, so I only had three. I went to the local auto parts store, and bought a length of stainless steel exuast pipe, and cut what I needed. It was not the same quality as the Peugeot ones, but it was the exact same diameter.

The Peug ones look like they could last forever ( as long os you don't loose them) :(

Sorry we talk other ring(s) not those 4 ones in head and manifold. :D

V-M

Thanks for the responses.

I indeed didn't mean the "flame" rings that are inserted between cilinder head and exhaust manifold.

The ones that love to misalign when you just managed to get the manifold right :(

I meant the o-ring that fits between the "other" end of the exhaust manifold and the turbo.

Anyway: the suggestion of creating your own stainless-steel o-ring should work out just fine in case the ring's lost.

If my memory serves me right the dimensions are (have to check):

60mm OD

53mm ID

3.6mm high

Matthew